website statistics

Fencing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Benolympique said:

no more european or world championships in 2024 before the games?

not for qualification purpose, there will be 1 more European Champ before the Games, but after the end of the OQP (it will only affect the world ranking and the Olympic draw).

@phelps How do you feel about men's epee tomorrow? I wasn't paying that much attention during the World Cup, so I am not sure what happened with :ITA and :FRA at the last two events. I am guessing we will be back to normal, with hopefully Hungary also performing as expected now that Siklósi doesn't have injury problems. 

:FRA got an apparently dangerous :NED to deal with + :CZE can also cause issues

:ITA has to defeat :UKR, who have seen better days in men's epee

:HUN will face off against :ESP once again, they beat us at the previous World Cup event, we have to win this time

:SUI will have to prove against :ISR that they are among the favorites for the quotas

15 minutes ago, Illya said:

Why I'm not gaggin' why our girls lost to Greece in such way? It's obvious, we can win France, Hungary, Italy, USA, but Greece is our biggest rival(

Yeah, the biggest problem for you is that this means you will be 13th on the world ranking before the World Champs.

Which means that you will meet :HUN or :ITA in the Round of 16, probably a live or die moment for you in the Olympic qualification and for the Hungarian team as well if we meet there.