website statistics

Pacific Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

The cultural performances by visiting delegations during the opening ceremony remains one of my favorite Pacific Games traditions. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The Pacific Games remain the only continental multi-sport games to include religion in the opening ceremony. I’m not really sure how to feel about it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

No torch this time, but a paddle instead. A nice little firework show to kick things off. I’ve finished my replay just in time to catch the start of today’s broadcast :d

International broadcast should show swimming (heats), weightlifting (finals), Rugby League 9s (Pool Round), and Swimming (Finals) today for those interested.

Edited by Olympian1010

Jenly Wini Tegu :SOL delivers the first gold medal to the host nation! She actually takes three golds altogether. I'm so happy to see her rewarded for a such a long and wonderful career. 

It sucks that these are taking place while I’m busy organizing TISC and preparing for the holidays. The broadcast standard seems pretty good, so hopefully I’m able to catch a few replays.