website statistics

Beach Volleyball

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtQF3yiR1z-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MmJiY2I4NDBkZg==

Bukovec/Marcelle and Schacter/Dearing qualify two spots for Canada at the 2023 FIVB Beach Volleyball World Championships, after winning the NORCECA World Championships Trials in Punta Cana Dominican Republic (They won Canadian Beach Volleyball Trials earlier). Quick note here, the spots go to the NOC, not the athletes.

Edited by Josh

More news here, Pavan is signed up with Molly McBain for the (upcoming) Jurmala Challenge, Gstaad Elite16, Edmonton Challenge, and Montreal Elite16. 

Bukovec, on the other hand, is currently registered with previously retired Heather Bansley for three FIVB events :yikes: (Espinho Challenge, Edmonton Challenge, Montreal Elite16). So that would mean Bukovec would transition back to blocker. If they live up to their potential, this would be our best shot at qualifying a second women's pair for Paris 2024 through Olympic Rankings (Assuming Mel/Brandie also qualify).

Edited by Josh

• 3 weeks later...

Another 5th for Mel/Brandie at the Gstaad Elite16 :hairpull: 

To be fair, they weren't the favorites heading into the match against Hughes/Cheng, but were one set up, and 11-10 up in the deciding set, before five points in a row were scored by the Americans. Third Elite16 QF loss this season, in four tournaments.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5th at the Paris Elite16 for Mel/Brandie. Their fifth QF loss of the season :facepalm:

Although, when I saw they were drawn to potentially face Duda/AP in the quarterfinals, I knew there was no chance for them to make it any further.