website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

I don't know why but I think this is very good for Novak. And Novak was not in good form here in Rome. Too much hard matches before final. On the other hand, congrats to Andy. Finally win against Novak. I really don;t remember when last time he beat Nole.

15 minut temu, dareza napisał:

I don't know why but I think this is very good for Novak. And Novak was not in good form here in Rome. Too much hard matches before final. On the other hand, congrats to Andy. Finally win against Novak. I really don;t remember when last time he beat Nole.

In last year in Montreal final ;)

26 minutes ago, dareza said:

I do agree at some extent. This tournament is definitely a blow. Good things that came out are matches with Nadal and Nishikori. This match with Murray might turn irrelevant, but also is disadvantage. I told you Murray will be probably the biggest threat even in Paris. Luckily they can meet only in final....

Novak's behaviour on court is worrying me a bit

And what baffles me the most is the fact Murray got soooo lucky to win ROME title, probably the most important clay masters and Federer might never be a champion there :mad::mad: I mean, just compare top and bottom halves of the draw this year :sick: 

6 minutes ago, dareza said:

Possiblity to have final Novak-Andy in Paris is almost 80%. Maybe only Stan can beat one of them. Others are meeh.

Djokovic almost always had to beat some of the legends of the game to win his big titles. I still hope one day Universe will work for him and give him an easy road. It would be great if Nishikori, Rafa and Andy end up in same half. Preferably Thiem too. Wawrinka is... unknown variable. He definitely didn't show something exceptional these few weeks, but we all know that doesn't mean anything. 

Don't know... Last year Djokovic was top favorite, but this year - I dare to say he is only one of the many. 

And I cannot wait this RG to finish, I already feel nervous and tense. God knows how Djokovic feels. :lol:

I do hope RG won't be for him what Wimbledon was to Lendl. 

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I do agree at some extent. This tournament is definitely a blow. Good things that came out are matches with Nadal and Nishikori. This match with Murray might turn irrelevant, but also is disadvantage. I told you Murray will be probably the biggest threat even in Paris. Luckily they can meet only in final....

Novak's behaviour on court is worrying me a bit

And what baffles me the most is the fact Murray got soooo lucky to win ROME title, probably the most important clay masters and Federer might never be a champion there :mad::mad: I mean, just compare top and bottom halves of the draw this year :sick: 

Djokovic almost always had to beat some of the legends of the game to win his big titles. I still hope one day Universe will work for him and give him an easy road. It would be great if Nishikori, Rafa and Andy end up in same half. Preferably Thiem too. Wawrinka is... unknown variable. He definitely didn't show something exceptional these few weeks, but we all know that doesn't mean anything. 

Don't know... Last year Djokovic was top favorite, but this year - I dare to say he is only one of the many. 

And I cannot wait this RG to finish, I already feel nervous and tense. God knows how Djokovic feels. :lol:

I do hope RG won't be for him what Wimbledon was to Lendl. 

I agree with all.  Yes, Novak was too nervous this week. I really don't know why.