website statistics

Canoe/Kayak (Sprint)

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

https://canoekayak.ca/paddle-to-paris-canoe-kayak-canada-announces-2024-world-cup-sprint-teams-para-world-championship-team-and-pan-am-qualifier-team/

Most importantly, for the Americas Olympic Qualification Regatta (some of these are assumptions)

Maren Bradley/Madeleine Schmidt - Women’s K2-500m

Ian Gaudet/Vincent Jourdenais - Men’s K2-500m (and one will be competing in men’s K1-1000m)

Connor Fitzpatrick - Men’s C1-1000m

Craig Spence/Alexis Plomteaux - Men’s C2-500m

No Poulin/McTavish. 

Poulin/McTavish are already qualified and cannot earn more quotas

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 12:02 PM, Josh said:

In the K4-500m? 

Yes.

I think we have maximized our teams in kw km and cw. The quotas represent the best results. There is room in the former two but we would get worse results if we named more athletes.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Yes.

I think we have maximized our teams in kw km and cw. The quotas represent the best results. There is room in the former two but we would get worse results if we named more athletes.

I could be wrong but I thought a country could have up to 6 athletes in the Kayak events and 3 in the canoe. 

Just now, james89 said:

I could be wrong but I thought a country could have up to 6 athletes in the Kayak events and 3 in the canoe. 

Yes, what I mean is with the athletes already qualified, CKC can fill all the boats. By adding more athletes the results will be worse off than sticking with what we have.

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Yes, what I mean is with the athletes already qualified, CKC can fill all the boats. By adding more athletes the results will be worse off than sticking with what we have.

True but I believe we can enter up to two boats in each discipline. So there can always be an A boat and B boat in the event.