website statistics
Commonwealth Games 2026
Posted

This seems sensible, so it obviously won’t happen

Glasgow could step in with a scaled-back offering should no other host be found for the 2026 Commonwealth Games. 

Last week, Singapore joined Malaysia in ruling out a bid, after the Australian state of Victoria withdrew as host in July because of rising costs.

Commonwealth Games Scotland (CGS) say their proposal would involve "no significant ask of public funds".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/68792008

African Games 2023
Posted
12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Is Egypt the only North African country not considered "Maghreb?" I was unsure about it's classicification when writing that comment.

Maghreb just means “The West” so….

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Hey, Charles Aznavour was Armenian!

50 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I like the "two wave" accommodations scheme, but the last two days have felt a bit empty scheduling wise. I could live with one slow day, but two days like this seems a little excessive.

Yeah, but even in the full Summer Olympics second Monday is always a slow day.

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Lee :KOR goes 0/10 at the range, and adds a two minute penalty for incorrect number of penalty loops. Definitely not her day :(

Shame she didn't manage to leave a bullet in the chamber as well because she'd need a time machine to finish.

14 minutes ago, hckošice said:

She made the Top 30 start list in World Cup after Flachau. It would be rather dumb from her to throw this out of the window by withdrawing important next WC races. Weird for :ALB for sure, but completely logical and clever for her.

She is already in Jasná right now preparing for the weekend races btw

Yeah, just got a big PB, so…would be maybe different if she was a summer sports athlete, but as you say start position is so crucial in Alpine.

9 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Our lone representative in this edition of winter youth games . 
Sahil Thakur ( Alpine Skiing)

2B1EE341-C6E0-4814-BA39-D7BED54E91C4.jpeg

You’ve got huge mountains and plenty snow, just need more people willing to suffer life-changing injuries to be on TV.

26 minutes ago, intoronto said:

If there is no full parade I won't watch the OC. I hope it was good!

Hard to say. Certainly the international audio mix was horribly messed up, might not have been the same in the stadium of course.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

If I understood correctly, the nation's parade was only a single flagbearer per nation parade? Not familiar with the Brazilian flagbearer Alice Padilha at all, so if the other athletes aren't shown, I don't think I'll really try and rewatch the whole thing :p (if they're even in Korea yet)

One male & one female if teams big enough.