website statistics
Best Moments of Tokyo 2020
Posted

Listed by sport as they appear on the website:

3x3 :LAT shot to win gold and amazing scenes

Artistic gymnastics :USA Sunisa Lee winning under all that pressure. :UZB 46 year old Chusovitina getting a huge ovation from other gymnasts as she finished vault :ROC men’s team reaction to winning gold

Athletics :NOR Warholm :ITA 4x100 men’s :ITA:QAT Splitting gold

Boxing :IRL Kellie Harrington wins an incredible final. 

Cycling :NED Van Vleuten thinking she won the road race and her incredible redemption time trial. :ITA Ganna dragging the Italian pursuit team around for an amazing win

Equestrian :SWE domination in show jumping but still needing the last rider meltdown from :FRA in team 

Football :SWE beating :USA in their opening game. :CAN winning gold

Golf - waking up to see a 7 man play off for bronze

Hockey - both :IND teams performing so well

Modern Pentathlon :IRL and especially :GER suffering with horses

Rowing :IRL first ever rowing gold. First ever team bronze. The :CAN women 8 with the upset and the :GBR men’s four not getting a medal as they nearly veered off course. The crazy finish to the women’s lightweight double

Rugby :FIJ with two medals but the women’s being particularly memorable 

Shooting :SMR with medals!!

Sport climbing - just being so impressed with the speed events. Happy that’ll have it’s won medals in Paris

Swimming :AUS Titmuss beating Ledecky. :TUN gold from lane 8

Tennis :SRB Djokovic losing his mind as he was beaten

Triathlon :BER gold for Duffy

Wrestling :CUB the great Lopez winning super heavy again. The only wrestler I know!

For the first time ever :IRL has won gold in 2 different sports at the same Olympics

Also the first time we’ve had both men and women win a gold medal at the same time 

Only our 11th time winning gold 

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted

Last night I got about 9 hours sleep. That’s about the same as the previous 3 nights combined. I’ve managed to get an early evening nap in most days thankfully

Tonight might be my last long night!

It won’t matter in the end.  Some countries have lost medals to poor judging. Some because of injured or ill athletes. Even freak weather has impacted results in some events. 

There are literally hundreds of factors at play and COVID is just another one. 

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

I mean if they are already there and the IOC gave plenty of Universities places and invitations to athletes why not just give them the chance?, I truly feel sorry for those who were told to go back home:cry:

I definitely feel sorry for the swimmers but other nations have had to cut their numbers so it would set a terrible precedent if they allowed the Polish team to bring whoever they wanted

I posted earlier that Ireland very nearly made the same mistake. We're using a backstroke sprinter and a breast stroker to fill out our 4x200m freestyle team as we could only use 2 relay only spots and none of our freestylers got an invite