website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• I think that you are thinking about World Cup Points... The Olympic Qualification is based on FIS points which skiers can get from almost every competition, it depends on the quality of the competition and the result then they are given like a rating which the average of that is taken for the Olympic Qualifiers. 
    • Hey everyone. I had a question regarding olympic qualification. An athlete must have their best 5 races average under 120 points and the winner gets 100 points followed by 80 for second place, etc. Wouldnt the winners get less points if lowest points = qualification? Appreciate any help understanding this  
    • Group C    5 - 9   4 - 1     Standings     9 pts (Q)  6 pts (Q)  3 pts  0 pts   Group D    0 - 8   10 - 0    Standings    and  7 pts (Q)  3 pts  0 pts
    • Final    0 - 10  (in 4 innings)   Playoff    2 - 3    Repechage     -   playing right now for second ticket to Finals in July 2025        
    • I watched the long distance replay a while back, and don't remeber having too many issues with the quality. 
    • I'll have a look tomorrow, thanks! Something like this really stands or falls with the way it is broadcast, for example the 5k races at the Samarkand world championships recently were broadcast horribly and that made it just very shitty to follow  A quick glance at this one makes it look like this is definitely done better.
    • Replay of the men's and women's short distance from Birmingham 2022 in case you're interested @heywoodu    
    • Thanks. Odd though, the term marathon is generally used - apart from athletics - to signify something long. It's basically like saying something is the "short distance long distance event"