website statistics

Men's Handball AHF Asian Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

in middle of the Asian Championships in Saudi Arabia, :IRI Iran and :BRN Bahrain are already qualified for the semifinal and therefore the 2023 World Championship. :QAT Qatar is 99.9999% qualified too. as well as :KSA Saudi Arabia.

there will be one last spot available, it's between Korea, Iraq or Kuwait.

as long as I remember Iran's fate at the Asian Championship always went to the last minute and the last shot. Iran missed the World Championships 4 or 5 times because of just one goal. but this time that last seconds goal happened in our favor.

It seems :QAT:BRN:KSA:IRI and :IRQ are going to represent Asia at the 2023 World Championships.

it will be a huge achievement for Iraq. they managed to get a draw from Kuwait today in a dramatic comeback and qualified for the 5th place match because of having better GD.

BUT South Korea who was supposed to play Qatar today has something like 11 infected players and couldn't play today. they have 3 days to somehow recover for 5th place match against Iraq. but I assume that's highly unlikely. Iraq is almost guaranteed the 5th place and WCh quota

On 1/26/2022 at 6:20 PM, MHSN said:

It seems :QAT:BRN:KSA:IRI and :IRQ are going to represent Asia at the 2023 World Championships.

it will be a huge achievement for Iraq. they managed to get a draw from Kuwait today in a dramatic comeback and qualified for the 5th place match because of having better GD.

BUT South Korea who was supposed to play Qatar today has something like 11 infected players and couldn't play today. they have 3 days to somehow recover for 5th place match against Iraq. but I assume that's highly unlikely. Iraq is almost guaranteed the 5th place and WCh quota

really big achievement for Iraq , They're coached by one of Egypt's golden generation stars Sherif Momen and Congrats for qualifying to WCH :thumbup:

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

really big achievement for Iraq , They're coached by one of Egypt's golden generation stars Sherif Momen and Congrats for qualifying to WCH :thumbup:

they got lucky with Japan's absence and this COVID thing in South Korea camp. also I have to say Kuwait's GK made a terrible mistake in last 10 seconds against Iraq but I think they deserve it after all, they are indeed the most improved team in Asia. I mean few years ago beating Iraq was a sure thing but this year for the first time we had a hard time against them, even Bahrain beat them by just 3 goals.

I believe Iraq would beat Korea if they had to play. but I guess we will never know.