website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

18 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

Now we have women athletes in 100, 200, 400, 800 & 3000sc. Who would hv thought this 3 months ago to have sprinters go to Rio 2016.

I did. I remember commenting after Asian Games how we have decent athletes in all women track events from 100m to 10000m, atleast at Asian level (ofcourse still missing hurdles). 

I couldn't find a single pic of her on google. Just one team from Asian Championship where she was a part of 4x400m relay team. Too less exposure given to her by AFI. There must be a lot of such talent in India failing to make it large due to being ignored by national bodies.

Kudos Nirmala Sheoran!

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

I did. I remember commenting after Asian Games how we have decent athletes in all women track events from 100m to 10000m, atleast at Asian level (ofcourse still missing hurdles).

any hope coming up in 110 hurdle?

19 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Source is twitter handle of KP Mohan @kaypeem, who is a retired Sports journalist 

Can confirm as I was at the inter state atheletics meet  .......Weather today was good overcast but dry ......hope to be there tomorrow again .........awesome to see Nirmala unknown athelete breaking the OGQ...................

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

also kirpal did a great 59.64 in the mens discus ................he is a good second to the Vikas gowda .....if he improves a couple of meters he can be an asian threat no chance of olympics quota though.............. 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Yesterday was bad ...slight drizzle .... I feel if jinson ran in todays weather he may have qualified ................. I heard that he may be going for an attempt to qualify at thailand along with renjith ..............someone can confirm 

Today also in the mens high jump we had three atheletes at 2.17 so decent attempt .................again no olympic quota chance 

Edited by nitinsanker