website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, rohan sharma said:

‪#‎athletics‬
currently situation of all relay team
1 - 4*100 mens
there are not even in top 24 ..they need to register two new timing if they want to qualify ..there are few time left..currently 16 position team have time of 38:57..currently their best time is 39:92
2 - 4*100 women
they are currently at 20th position with average timing of 44:06 .they need to improve their time atlest to 43:53(currently 16 postion team timing ) which mean atlest by .47 sec..their currently best time is 44:02
3 - 4*400 mens
they are also at 20 position with average timing of 3:03.65 ..they are at good position because their one timing is very good that is of 3:02.17 ..another same performance will take them to 13th position..currently 16 position timing is 3:03.16..for that india need timing of 3:04:15
4 - 4*400 women
they look almost confirmed to rio with their 13 place timing of 3:29.61..their timing look safe as 16 position team lies at 3:30.05
so as per now one relay looks almost confirm ..while 4*400 mens need just a good second time..4*100 w neeed to imprrove thier time by 1 sec ..while 4*100 m looks almost out of rio
 https://www.facebook.com/indrio16/

good analysis

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

Hate to spoil the mood but seems like the AIBA policy this time, as indicated strongly by the articles at the below two links, was that now that all their favored nations had already qualified a large number of athletes, lets spread the wealth this time and have a large number of different countries qualify. 

http://www.aiba.org/blog/world-olympic-qualification-event-reached-climax-baku-10-gold-medalists-39-places-rio-2016-confirmed/

http://www.aiba.org/blog/spain-becomes-24th-country-qualify-rio-2016-boxing-competition-world-olympic-qualification-event-baku/

As a result, the 10 gold medals were shared among 9 countries and the 39 quota places were shared among 24 countries. The last of those 24 countries to attain a spot, which also happened to be the country's first boxing quota at Rio - SPAIN - " thanks to light flyweight Samuel Carmona Heredia’s brilliant win over India’s Devendro Singh Laishram"

Edited by kapil857

If AIBA wants to keep boxing alive, they have to make some serious changing in scoring, make it transparent. I think earlier scoring method was very transparent, as soon as boxers hits to scoring zone of his/ her opponent they got points. But now they have really created a system, which seems to be created only for cheating.  

With 102 already assured and 10 (5 from women 4x400, 3 from golf and 2 from swimming) almost assure, that means 112 is already assured. Now all depends on men 4x400. If they gets into top 16, i think we will touch 120 mark. Some where i have read that big names of pro boxing is keeping away from Olympics qualifier, and with many of powerhouses already earing the quota, we may get 1-2 from this qualifier. But to get 120, I think men 4x400 is the key. Howmany of you are still hopefull of 120 mark.

Edited by Vivek

1 hour ago, Vivek said:

If AIBA wants to keep boxing alive, they have to make some serious changing in scoring, make it transparent. I think earlier scoring method was very transparent, as soon as boxers hits to scoring zone of his/ her opponent they got points. But now they have really created a system, which seems to be created only for cheating.  

I said it  before, I'm saying it again- Boxing no longer deserves to be in the Olympics. IOC should take strict actions against AIBA

I believe folks should focus on number of events participating rather than number of athletes. 102 number already includes golf. Some people double count it in hopes of 120.

Large number of events qualified are athletic events without any medal hopes. My guess is 4 to 6 medals this time. Actually disappointed in number of shooters qualified. We should be having a full slate of 22 men and 22 women qualifying.