website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

*A couple of years after her silver (was what I meant)

Whole Lithuania thinks that it's a shame she met Kilty and there was this huge scandal with our federation about her pregnancy. She can meet all the Kilty's she wants, but she could've waited after Rio at least with the pregnancy thing :d

Well to be entirely fair, it's not always that easy ("just wait with getting pregnant") :p 

I mean, I'm sure we all know how it works and what the 'dangers' are :lol:

Well for what I read, she seemed happy about it...that's what matters I guess. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Well to be entirely fair, it's not always that easy ("just wait with getting pregnant") :p 

I mean, I'm sure we all know how it works and what the 'dangers' are :lol:

Well for what I read, she seemed happy about it...that's what matters I guess. 

I just really hope that she'll be able to come back to her level after that. She already did some stupid things throughout her career (not talking about the pregnancy here) and I believe she had a falling out with her long time coach in Spain.

Edited by Werloc

2 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I just really hope that she'll be able to come back to her level after that. She already did some stupid things throughout her career (not talking about the pregnancy here) and I believe she had a falling out with her long time coach in Spain.

Stupid things as in training with wrong coaches or something? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Stupid things as in training with wrong coaches or something? 

Getting into scandals, fighting and arguing with our federation through the media instead of actually replying to messages that she got on her e-mail. Basically, she thought that her funding was cut off, because she got pregnant and instead of replying to old letters that she got on her e-mail, which explained that that was not the case at all, she took that to the media and there was this article that Lithuania doesn't care about her and that she's useless now that she got pregnant and of course being the children that our federation is, they made fun of her on their Facebook page publicly. After that, she got in an argument with her long time coach in Spain and I believe she even tried to train on her own for a moment. So I'm really wondering if she'll be jumping beyond 14 meters any time soon.

Just now, Майкл said:

He looked well at the finish line. I couldn't notice any signs of injury.

Well I hope I was wrong then of course, to me it looked like he was limping to the finish line the way injured athletes sometimes do, but maybe that's just his usual style of running (I didn't see him run that often). 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well I hope I was wrong then of course, to me it looked like he was limping to the finish line the way injured athletes sometimes do, but maybe that's just his usual style of running (I didn't see him run that often). 

Our greatest 400m runner - Slobodan Branković, was commenting the race and he didn't mention an injury either. He did say that his tactics was completely wrong whatsoever. :lol: 

Edited by Майкл

Just now, Майкл said:

Our greatest 400m runner - Slobodan Branković, was commenting the race and he didn't mention an injury either. He did say that his tactics were wrong whatsoever. :lol: 

Well I think a 400m runner from the same country as the athlete we're talking about knows more about him than I do :d 

False alarm then, luckily :)