website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 3

Just now, RussB said:

Is there any chance the women's 8 challenge Romania? They looked good in the heat, so you never know.

yes....but romania seem to allways have that sprint finish i have never seen us produce, it will be tight, i will say a silver with hope

14 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

how is the shooting going? thats the one i don't have up!

should we do spoilers tags in here or just accept that if you dont want to know results, dont come in here? just to be safe on this one as you missed the men's

Reveal hidden contents

Personally I’m coming here for the results, this is my one stop shop

for short GB updates - keep ‘em coming they’re much appreciated

9 minutes ago, RussB said:

The shooting is still in a break between rounds 2 and 3 of qualifying. 5 rounds of 25 shots so still long way to go. Hales in joint 2nd at the moment

It seems an extremely long qualifying round. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

It seems an extremely long qualifying round. 

I get what you mean, but it needs to be because there are too many ties otherwise.

Edited by TeamGB

2 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

I get what you mean, but it needs to be because there are too many ties otherwise.

Couldn’t they split in so people go in groups rather than being out there for hours shooting bits and bobs. 

5 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Couldn’t they split in so people go in groups rather than being out there for hours shooting bits and bobs. 

Being an outdoor sport the weather conditions can change dramatically so it would be pretty unfair for one group to compete with no wind, and another competing with a stronger wind.

I feel the same about surfing. I watched some yesterday and it was just two women having a nice paddle  for 10 mins and nobody actually standing on a board. Puntastically, I got bored and turned over.

25 minutes ago, JamDH said:

Like I was saying yesterday with the start times, I'm not sure Sailing ever actually happens, its a myth.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

French horse up…..

Gives McEwen at the least a small bit of breathing room.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold