website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Website, Apps and Results System

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jur said:

I remember from former result pages for multisport events how some of them have the "live events" that where in set at that time in a corner in the page. It was pretty usefull to see what events where actually at play at that moment.

Isn't going to be in Paris? I'm already missing it and its only day -2 :facepalm:

If you scroll though the page the live events are always highlighted in red, but I don’t see an alternative.

Edited by Grassmarket

23 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

If you scroll though the page the live events are always highlighted in red, but I don’t see an alternative.

Well thats a terrible desing, not intuitive at all :facepalm:

Even the Mediterrean Games had it. Is a must for me

28 minutes ago, Jur said:

Well thats a terrible desing, not intuitive at all :facepalm:

Even the Mediterrean Games had it. Is a must for me

Maybe there are alternative results systems out there.  People like the BBC, NBC etc usually have their own.

On 7/24/2024 at 8:50 PM, Jur said:

I remember from former result pages for multisport events how some of them have the "live events" that where in set at that time in a corner in the page. It was pretty usefull to see what events where actually at play at that moment.

Isn't going to be in Paris? I'm already missing it and its only day -2 :facepalm:

On the other hand, some multisport events have that 'live' thing but also including the live results :lol: 

So, you know, goodbye watching half of the things :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 7/24/2024 at 12:13 PM, Vektor said:

Hm, the first competition starts in 3 hours and as far as I can tell we still don't have any kind of live scoring system that we used to have for the previous Games. 

I'm still just stuck with this page, for example:

https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/schedule/27-july

Surely there is the 'normal' one, where you have the screen full with lots of things in the schedule instead of just 4-5 before needing to scroll?

And oh god, there is a 'In case you missed it' block with headlines in between the schedule....motherfuckers :facepalm: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Surely there is the 'normal' one, where you have the screen full with lots of things in the schedule instead of just 4-5 before needing to scroll?

And oh god, there is a 'In case you missed it' block with headlines in between the schedule....motherfuckers :facepalm: 

Yeah, this is by far the worst site we have ever had. I still can't believe that this is what we got in 2024. 

17 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Yeah, this is by far the worst site we have ever had. I still can't believe that this is what we got in 2024. 

Oh wait, this is....it?

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Have you tried the website on your laptop? The overall schedule is better there if that’s what you are referring to. It has the full grid layout 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dkats said:

Have you tried the website on your laptop? The overall schedule is better there if that’s what you are referring to. It has the full grid layout 

I'm using it exclusively on my laptop :p 

It's just designed so super unlogically. The grid is fine for the overall calendar (where you can simply see if a certain sport has some action on a certain day), but it's awful to drill down into the actual times and such. I just took a quick look at ESPN's 2022 page and this is just so indescribably more concise:

FV1fHYi.png

One line per event (perfect, more is just a waste of space and scrolling effort), as to fit a lot on the screen, a simple link towards the results, a easy to see medal sign, no medal winners being mentioned in the schedule (because why on the face of the earth would you mention medal winners in the schedule?! There's the results page for that!).

I've never used ESPN before btw, but within seconds I can see this is better. I'll see if they have the same for 2024 with a similar layout and if so, just use that one (of course covering all the headlines).

Edited by heywoodu