website statistics

India at 2024 Paris Olympics

Initially we had confusion whether this Olympics will go in the lines of Rio or Tokyo…. After end of 1st half of games it seems we are in between Rio and Tokyo thanks to shooting (minus Russia). Second week performance will decide in which way we will go.

As of now we have performed well enough to be in medal contention (multiple 4th place finishes) and but not as medal winners….hope in this week we will see performances as medal winners.

It all depends on Neeraj , Wrestling, Hockey and Lakshya sen now.

Already we lost 2 sure shot medal predictions Nikhat (thanks to tough draw) and Satwik-Chirag ….i hope Neeraj is fit enough and performs to his standards.

I hope wrestlers will come out of the mess in internal affairs and raise their standards.

Underperformers: As always Archery team…..despite getting good draws faltered at crucial times by scoring 7 and 8

Performers till now:  Manu Bhaker, Shooting contingent, Lakshya sen and India Hockey team (these people performed to their level and  raised their standards which is desired at Olympics)

Tough pill to swallow – Satwik and Chirag losing in quarters after winning 1st set comfortably and leading in 2nd/3rd sets & Nishant loosing the bout and medal despite boxing better

I hope we will see medial winning performances in second week from the Indian contingent and crosses the Tokyo mark.

Day 9- Wait for Medal continues , highlight of the day is our Hockey men  playing outstanding hockey & qualifying to SF but today also mark the end of our Boxing campaign without a single medal :(

We are still active in 9 sports. ( Boxing campaign comes to an end without a single medal, very disappointing. A mixture of tough draw, biased judging & average performance resulted in not having a single medal from 6 boxers) 

8 more athletes ended their Olympics campaign today (  3 Shooting , 2 Golf , 2 Athletics & 1 Boxing  ) 

We still have 56 active athletes & have 3🥉 in our Kitty. 
As of Day 9 we are 57th  in the overall Medal table 

Medalists :

Manu Bhaker (10m AP women) - 🥉

10m AP Mixed Team ( Manu & Sarabjot) - 🥉

Swapnil Kusale (50m 3P AR Men) - 🥉

Shooting this time has come together finally. Hockey team especially Sreejesh did wonderful yesterday. Sen to make it to Bronze medal match itself is awesome. 

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

1 hour ago, Prashanth said:

Shooting this time has come together finally. Hockey team especially Sreejesh did wonderful yesterday. Sen to make it to Bronze medal match itself is awesome. 

Yes I think Sat-Chi and one boxing medal are where are short. Also a gold in shooting would have been great.

22 hours ago, Madhusudhan said:

Initially we had confusion whether this Olympics will go in the lines of Rio or Tokyo…. After end of 1st half of games it seems we are in between Rio and Tokyo thanks to shooting (minus Russia). Second week performance will decide in which way we will go.

As of now we have performed well enough to be in medal contention (multiple 4th place finishes) and but not as medal winners….hope in this week we will see performances as medal winners.

It all depends on Neeraj , Wrestling, Hockey and Lakshya sen now.

Already we lost 2 sure shot medal predictions Nikhat (thanks to tough draw) and Satwik-Chirag ….i hope Neeraj is fit enough and performs to his standards.

I hope wrestlers will come out of the mess in internal affairs and raise their standards.

Underperformers: As always Archery team…..despite getting good draws faltered at crucial times by scoring 7 and 8

Performers till now:  Manu Bhaker, Shooting contingent, Lakshya sen and India Hockey team (these people performed to their level and  raised their standards which is desired at Olympics)

Tough pill to swallow – Satwik and Chirag losing in quarters after winning 1st set comfortably and leading in 2nd/3rd sets & Nishant loosing the bout and medal despite boxing better

I hope we will see medial winning performances in second week from the Indian contingent and crosses the Tokyo mark.

New additions to tough pill to swallow: Lakshya sen loosing energy and plot after winning 1st set and leading in 2nd set and Nisha getting injured with heavy lead and 1 minute to go in quarters

Its disheartening to see so many 4th place finishes and we faltering at medal matches/moments despite doing good till that time.

At times players faltered  (archery mixed team scoring 7s and 8s at will in semis and bronze match, sat-chi and lakshya surprisingly loosing the plot from comfortable positions, shooting contingent loosing medal from 2nd place position etc) 

At time luck played with indian players (nisha getting injured while winning QF, Nishant day light robbery, Nikath getting tough draw etc)

With the way things are going we should not be surprised if Indian hockey team / Neeraj / Wrestlers / Mirabhai chanu finished in 4th place

Now the magic number 7 seems to be little far away.....i hope indian contingent will turn the tide and crosses Tokyo mark.

We need Gold medal performance to cheer up the mood !!!

Day 10-  What a horrible day! A day where we could have won 2 more medals ended with none & brutal injury to Nisha who was winning 8-3 with 30 secs left :( This olympics although not as bad as Rio but the frustration, disappointment, sadness & anger is reaching similar levels. Today I switched off  & went for a walk to clear my mind after Nisha’s injury, I was morally so down! :cry:

We are only  active in 6 sports now ( Shooting , Badminton & Sailing campaign ends, only Shooting can be termed a success delivering our only medals so far) 

6 more athletes ended their Olympics campaign today (  2 Shooting , 2 Sailing , 1 Badminton & 1 Wrestling  ) 

We still have 50 active athletes & have 3🥉 in our Kitty. 
As of Day 10 we are 60th  in the overall Medal table 

Medalists :

Manu Bhaker (10m AP women) - 🥉

10m AP Mixed Team ( Manu & Sarabjot) - 🥉

Swapnil Kusale (50m 3P AR Men) - 🥉