Jonathon Marshall - 100m Back

Laura Stephens - 200m Butterfly

Relay Quotas:

Medi Harris - 4x200m Free

Lucy Hope - 4x200m Free

Likely to Get Quota for Relay Cover: 

James Wilby - 100m Breast

Lauren Cox - 100m Back

Relying on Selectors Discretion (Achieved OQT but not BST)

Kieran Bird - 400m Free

Ignoring Kieran Bird for now as we've discussed his situation a fair bit already, I think the most at risk swimmer in that list would be Lauren Cox. Not only did she not get the BST in the final, she didn't get the OQT either. Given that Medi Harris is already going through the relay, the selectors could opt to give Harris the second spot in the individual.   

15 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Bit harsh on Dawson surely? Today is the first time that she's broken the minute since her injury and she's done it twice. She's taken about 0.7 off the time she did in Doha. Steady progress and she obviously has the potential to go much faster if she were to get back to her 2021 form.

I'm much more disappointed in Cox and Harris. They are both way off what they have been previously. Harris at least showed up well in the 200m free.

The medley calculation will come down to whether someone can get close on the fly. I think the other 3 strokes *should* be fine

Don't get me wrong - it's great to see her back in the pool, but she looked so good in the morning that I was hoping for her to get closer to 59.5 which is what she'll likely need to get into the final in Paris. 

Like you my disappointment was predominantly with Cox's time. Not getting the OQT never mind the BST probably gives us the first challenging decision for the selectors - do they give Cox the nod or does Medi Harris get the individual spot given she's going with the relay already? 

1 minute ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Don't get me wrong - it's great to see her back in the pool, but she looked so good in the morning that I was hoping for her to get closer to 59.5 which is what she'll likely need to get into the final in Paris. 

Like you my disappointment was predominantly with Cox's time. Not getting the OQT never mind the BST probably gives us the first challenging decision for the selectors - do they give Cox the nod or does Medi Harris get the individual spot given she's going with the relay already? 

As an alternative, I’d argue there is more cause to give the spot to Honey if she makes it outright in the 200m by getting the time and a top 2.

she beat Medi here in the 100 with a PB…

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

As an alternative, I’d argue there is more cause to give the spot to Honey if she makes it outright in the 200m by getting the time and a top 2.

she beat Medi here in the 100 with a PB…

I don't think Osrin has the OQT, so even if she gets a quota through the 200m, she wouldn't be eligible for the individual 100m. 

5 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Burras in danger of missing the final with one heat to go.

He barely made the B final. Think we may have a shock qualifier for the relay… let’s see tonight 👀 

Both Burras and McMillan miss the final. Took 48.68 to make the final. British men's 100m Free is on fire right now.

For perspective, that time would have been top 25 at both the last Olympics and the Budapest worlds last year. And that's the 8th fastest Brit.

7 minutes ago, RussB said:

He barely made the B final. Think we may have a shock qualifier for the relay… let’s see tonight 👀 

B final has McMillan, Burras, Mildred and J Litchfield. Outside of about 10 countries, that would be a relay team in itself to be proud of!

Honestly, you wouldn't want to rule any of those guys out. Could go anywhere. I'm reasonably confident that Richards will be at the top but aside from that it could go anywhere. Should be a great watch.

In related news to previous discussions - Kieran Bird was 20th in 49.93. Nothing crazy about that...but it was a PB by over 0.75 of a second. If he can replicate that kind of improvement in the 200m he could get into the discussion for that relay (maybe not in the final 4 but in terms of cover). Lots of ifs there obviously.

Anyone know what happened to Sky Carter in the 50m free heats. I think she should be in a swim off for the final, which obviously now would not work, but she has dissappeared from the results.

8 minutes ago, TeamGB said:

Anyone know what happened to Sky Carter in the 50m free heats. I think she should be in a swim off for the final, which obviously now would not work, but she has dissappeared from the results.

I think there was just a problem with the graphic on the stream. According to the live results, she's part of a 3-way tie for 6th on 25.87. So she'll be in the A final no matter what if those results are correct.

edit - confirmed by the pdf for the official results just posted now. She's in.

Edited by Epic Failure