website statistics

GB Archery

17 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I thought that might work better in the Modern Pentathlon, in keeping with the cavalryman escape theme...

My 'wild archery' idea is probably closer to the early Rambo films...

how much cooler would it be if the disciplines were officially called 'Robin Hood', 'William Tell', 'Jack Rambo' and 'Dothraki Screamer' .....

As far as GB is concerned will this lead to a repeat of 1314 and see football banned to encourage men to concentrate on honing their archery skills?

:GBR women completely outclassed by :FRA in the quarterfinal. 

They only scored three 10s out of possible 18 compared to France who managed ten 10s. Not sure who the 3rd archer was in the shooting order, but they had two 7s and a 6. That's never going to cut it in a team competition. 

• 1 month later...

Full house at the Final Qualification tournament in Antalya!  Both teams through.  The Women you hoped for, but never expected the Men to do it as well.  

24 minutes ago, cjsavory said:

Outside(-outside!) chance of a medal for the Women's team?

Any outside chance of Penny in the individual?

4 hours ago, cjsavory said:

Outside(-outside!) chance of a medal for the Women's team?

Apparently the boys have suddenly hit a rich  vein of form and may even be the slightly better bet. Sadly Penny 24 is not currently a patch on Penny 23, but she's young. Penny 28 might be spectacular.

10 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Apparently the boys have suddenly hit a rich  vein of form and may even be the slightly better bet. Sadly Penny 24 is not currently a patch on Penny 23, but she's young. Penny 28 might be spectacular.

Disappointing to hear, I was starting to follow the archery in 2023 with news of the successes of Ella Gibson and Penny Healey were having. And then had to be educated about the different varieties of archery event, with there being no compound events at the Olympics in particular.

Good news about the boys anyway, effective timing!