website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS Junior World Championships 2024

Totallympics

54 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Some of you may have seen an interesting name while scrolling the results. Swiss born Anina Zurbriggen competing for :BUL . I thought it was another market deal, but apparently her mother is Bulgarian and she decided to compete for BG from this season (because she couldn't make the Swiss team i presume :rolleyes:). Couldn't find who her father is and what is her connection to the legendary Zurbriggen family. This has sparked a new strategy for our Federation in looking for foreign-born athletes with Bulgarian ancestry.

she comes from the same place of the great Pirmin (Saas-Almagell), but I think she has no relationship with him

Zurbriggen is a very common name in that area (like Smith in the English speaking Countries or Rossi in Italy)

40 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Yeah, probably not going to work as well for :BUL as it does for :GBR.  But Rahneva :CAN won Skeleton Gold today, so there’s a start!

Not hard to predict, as usually it's lower tier athletes, that wouldn't cut in their current nation, that seek change. :d 

I was specifically talking about alpine skiing also. Rahneva is in no way someone, who is even in the conversation for a variety of reasons:

A) She is an elite athlete already in her sport and probably very happy;

B) Her sport has absolutely no foundation here and we bring absolutely nothing from a sporting perspective;

C) She is 35 and if she ever wanted to compete for BG, it would have come up long ago;

D) Again, she is 35 and the Federations here would want to select younger athletes, that have lot's of years ahead of them.

10 minutes ago, phelps said:

she comes from the same place of the great Pirmin (Saas-Almagell), but I think she has no relationship with him

Zurbriggen is a very common name in that area (like Smith in the English speaking Countries or Rossi in Italy)

Darn it, i was hoping she had magical genes in her too. :p