website statistics

Triathlon 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 5 weeks later...

Always wondered how the PTO Tour (ie the long distance triathlon series) managed to get itself such good coverage in spite of it not really being a great spectator event.  Good luck to them.

Billionaire-backed PTO Tour brings elite triathlon race to central London (msn.com)

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Always wondered how the PTO Tour (ie the long distance triathlon series) managed to get itself such good coverage in spite of it not really being a great spectator event.  Good luck to them.

Billionaire-backed PTO Tour brings elite triathlon race to central London (msn.com)

I assume the model must be  some sense like cycle road racing; hardcore fans like the long in depth discussions, a wider group dip in and out

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I assume the model must be  some sense like cycle road racing; hardcore fans like the long in depth discussions, a wider group dip in and out

No, but really, in this form of triathlon it is all solo time trialling after the first 300m of the swim, so you have to be a relation, really. :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

No, but really, in this form of triathlon it is all solo time trialling after the first 300m of the swim, so you have to be a relation, really. :roflmao:

Of course, I forgot, no drafting.

• 1 month later...

:NZL Oceania Triathlon Sprint Championship - Davenport :NZL 

Men's Elite:

1.) :NZL Dylan McCullough

2.) :AUS Luke Willian

3.) :AUS Jacob Birtwhistle

Women's Elite:

1.) :AUS Jaz Hedgeland

2.) :NZL Brea Roderick

3.) :AUS Tara Sosinski

Mixed Relay:

1.) :AUS Australia I (Luke Willian / Tara Sosinski / Brandon Copeland / Jaz Hedgeland)

2.) :NZL New Zealand I (Saxon Morgan / Brea Roderick / Trent Thorpe / Eva Goodisson)

3.) :AUS Australia III (Lachlan Jones / Charlotte McShane / Brayden Mercer / Jessica Ewart-Mctigue)

• 4 weeks later...