website statistics

Track Cycling 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Aussies think they have a two year veto.  However, I doubt this would apply universally, because in events like the Nations Cup sponsored teams are allowed to compete, even though such teams are often very thinly disguised - the Home Team's National U-23 team riding in the name of the team bike manufacturer or whatever. 

Matt Richardson: Cyclist could face two-year ineligibility period after GB switch, say AusCycling - BBC Sport

Having read the regulation in question (1.1.0033 and 0033 bis) the only argument I can see is that the Aussies are claiming this is his second change - that he 'changed' to Aussie from GBR in the first place. However, that change would have to have been when he was a minor if it happened at all, and special rules apply to minors anyway

I wonder if this is what the Assies are trying to rely on - if so, I don't think they've a chance in hell.

"- in case of a second change of nationality under letter c., the rider’s ineligibility for participation in World Championships and Continental Championships shall apply to the two subsequent editions of each event, starting from the confirmation of the change of nationality by the UCI."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Bahrain participation in World Athletics Championships Tokyo 25 will be limited to a maximum of 10 athletes. Bahrain will not participate in any other World Athletics Series events for 12 months from 1 June 2024. Bahrain will not apply for any transfers of allegiance or recruit any foreign athletes until 2027.   https://worldathletics.org/news/press-releases/aiu-board-recommendation-bahrain-athletics-association-roadmap
    • Aaaaah it's two Adamovs, indeed! Seriously, I thought I was getting mad here, thanks for being a lot sharper than I was     Now I think it is safe to assume it's the top-6 of every heat plus the 6 fastest non-qualifiers.
    • eighth-placed ADAMOV Michal from heat 3 is not in the final start list, so we have 7 biathletes from heat 3 and it's 9 + 8 + 7 + 6 = 30 mayve you were confused with two Adamovs from Slovakia?
    • Is Djamel Sedjati injured? He seems to have withdrawn from his next scheduled race.
    • Anyone care to think with me here? I'm lost as to how the supersprint qualifying works. Junior men have finished, it consisted of four heats. A total of 30 athletes qualified for the final, the start list of which can be found here: C51D2_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Since it's very unclear exactly who qualified (not the 30 fastest overall and also not the top-X per heat), I looked at exactly who is on the start list out of which heat.   Here we have heat 1's result, top-9 is in the start list for the final: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Heat 2, top-8 is on the final's start list: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Heat 3, top-8 as well: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   And finally heat 4, the top-6 of which is on the start list for the final: C73E_v1.pdf (ibu.blob.core.windows.net)   Now, besides the question of how one qualifies, another question has been raised: there are 30 athletes on the final start list, bibs 1 through 30. However, 9 + 8 + 8 + 6 is.....31? But I checked every single one of these athletes, all 31 are on the start list, but the start list contains only 30 names. What black magic is this?!
    • Penny Oleksiak's mother was Scottish. I feel like GB missed out there... 
    • If you can access any of their platforms Channel 4 are covering it daily continuously from 8am to 1130pm UK time. Full details are provided here.   https://paralympics.org.uk/articles/where-to-watch-the-paris-2024-paralympic-games
    • I seem to recall watching some of the road racing at London because it was actually relatively easy for the broadcaster to cover as it all took place on the motor racing circuit at Brands Hatch.   We've subsequently had coverage of the road racing at more recent Games. Certainly in Tokyo where some of the events took place in absolutely torrential rain. 
    • At junior pan pacs, 15 year old  Rylee Erisman swam 53.76 in the women's 100m freestyle 
    • Important distinction indeed: he's definitely not retiring from boxing, but going to focus on the big version of the sport now.