website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

25 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Are you going to race the IBU Cup this year? 

According to the first plans, yes.
On next Monday I have a calling with our federation's manager to decide how it's gonna be.
The first part of the season is decided yet (well, my NF always surprises us with sudden changes, so I can't promise anything ?). But... If it happens as planned, I am going to Europe on 1st December, arriving in Livigno on 2nd where I will train from 3 to 10 and then we go to Ridnaun for the 2nd stage of IBU Cup and from there to Obertilliach.
After the last race in Obertilliach, some athletes will be sent back to Brazil, others will stay in Livigno and I am going to the Netherlands for Christmas and New Year. Plans for January and February still need to be made, also because I want to compete Cross Country Skiing to increase my FIS points and also because the federation can't count only on my qualification for the second trimester because even if I have a great performance on skis it also depends on my shooting and this year I could not touch my rifle yet since I ended my season in January (after the IBU in Lenzerheide). Another problem is that this rifle was not working well since I got it, which made many of my shots fail during races and trainings. I've asked them to fix it, but I don't hear a word about it since March (last meeting with my federation, about the last season), even though I am asking... So, let's see ?

1 hour ago, brunamoura said:

According to the first plans, yes.
On next Monday I have a calling with our federation's manager to decide how it's gonna be.
The first part of the season is decided yet (well, my NF always surprises us with sudden changes, so I can't promise anything ?). But... If it happens as planned, I am going to Europe on 1st December, arriving in Livigno on 2nd where I will train from 3 to 10 and then we go to Ridnaun for the 2nd stage of IBU Cup and from there to Obertilliach.
After the last race in Obertilliach, some athletes will be sent back to Brazil, others will stay in Livigno and I am going to the Netherlands for Christmas and New Year. Plans for January and February still need to be made, also because I want to compete Cross Country Skiing to increase my FIS points and also because the federation can't count only on my qualification for the second trimester because even if I have a great performance on skis it also depends on my shooting and this year I could not touch my rifle yet since I ended my season in January (after the IBU in Lenzerheide). Another problem is that this rifle was not working well since I got it, which made many of my shots fail during races and trainings. I've asked them to fix it, but I don't hear a word about it since March (last meeting with my federation, about the last season), even though I am asking... So, let's see ?

Thanks for the update. I always cheer for Brazilian athletes in the winter because jungle and winter are an odd mix :p (though I will confess that my heart lies with Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Kazakhstan first (sorry)).

I’d imagine the national federation is quite busy right now. Planning for the IBU season, planning for the YOG, and dealing with budget cuts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Clock going back an hour messes up the forum's rhythm :p 

IABznNi.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Clock going back an hour messes up the forum's rhythm :p 

IABznNi.png

Oh is that today (well technically tomorrow)? I’m not ready for it to be dark by 17:00 yet :(

Actually, thinking about it...I think ours isn’t for another week or two.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

42 minutos atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Thanks for the update. I always cheer for Brazilian athletes in the winter because jungle and winter are an odd mix :p (though I will confess that my heart lies with Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Kazakhstan first (sorry)).

I’d imagine the national federation is quite busy right now. Planning for the IBU season, planning for the YOG, and dealing with budget cuts.

? Thank YOU for cheering!

That's ok, they can be first ?

And yes, the NF is really busy and I heard all "projects" for the season need to be sent to our NOC not later than on next Tuesday (so the NF can get the requested support ?).

I tried to get a permission to go earlier to Europe (as soon as the last race in São Carlos finishes). Of course I would have to pay for the extra days in Europe (from 19/11 to 02/12) but as long as it would give me the opportunity to train shooting for a bit longer, I was willing to. They said it's not possible because Taynara is qualified for the YOG and as she is still a teenager she needs someone to travel with her (guess who? :clap::facepalm:She can travel on 1st December (probably because school), this is why I am going on that date. Eduarda is qualified too, but I don't know when she is going to Europe. Manex and Rhaick are the names for the boys tickets (if there are 2). If there is only one, Manex has the best points for now, but decisions still will be made.

Just now, brunamoura said:

? Thank YOU for cheering!

That's ok, they can be first ?

And yes, the NF is really busy and I heard all "projects" for the season need to be sent to our NOC not later than on next Tuesday (so the NF can get the requested support ?).

I tried to get a permission to go earlier to Europe (as soon as the last race in São Carlos finishes). Of course I would have to pay for the extra days in Europe (from 19/11 to 02/12) but as long as it would give me the opportunity to train shooting for a bit longer, I was willing to. They said it's not possible because Taynara is qualified for the YOG and as she is still a teenager she needs someone to travel with her (guess who? :clap::facepalm:She can travel on 1st December (probably because school), this is why I am going on that date. Eduarda is qualified too, but I don't know when she is going to Europe. Manex and Rhaick are the names for the boys tickets (if there are 2). If there is only one, Manex has the best points for now, but decisions still will be made.

Brazil actually has 3 boys spots (and 3 girls spots too) for the YOG, unless the national federation decided they only wanted to send 2 and 2. In cross country skiing, Brazil unofficially earned 2 girls spots and 1 boys spot (but that could change because qualification isn’t finished until December 9).

Will you be serving as a coach/mentor at the YOG then, or are you just a travel buddy? 
Also, are you not allowed to train with your gun in Brazil, or is it just a logistical problem that prevents you from shoot training?

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Brazil actually has 3 boys spots (and 3 girls spots too) for the YOG

Counting all sports you mean?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

27 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nope those were just their Biathlon quotas

1 minuto atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Brazil actually has 3 boys spots (and 3 girls spots too) for the YOG, unless the national federation decided they only wanted to send 2 and 2. In cross country skiing, Brazil unofficially earned 2 girls spots and 1 boys spot (but that could change because qualification isn’t finished until December 9).

Will you be serving as a coach/mentor at the YOG then, or are you just a travel buddy? 
Also, are you not allowed to train with your gun in Brazil, or is it just a logistical problem that prevents you from shoot training?

Unfortunately we don't have anyone to send for Biathlon. So, for now we have Taynara and Eduarda + (they are hoping for a second spot) Manex and Rhaick for cross country. Manex is doing great, but Rhaick has a quite good support to get this ticket. We still have the races in São Carlos (which for the men's FIS points) is a lot helpful. His biggest chances are there. After that, I can't think of any other race where he can get good FIS points.

No, I am just a travel buddy ?

Gabi wanted to serve as a coach/mentor (for free) during the FIS camp and the YOG as part of the payment for her debit from last season. But a person in the federation didn't allow her because "he will be the one".

It's mostly a logistical problem. The federation wants to keep the rifles under the Biathlon coach's name, there in Europe. Then it's much cheaper (because keeping a rifle here cost a lot and also we have to pay for every time we travel with it.

Another reason for keeping them there is (I don't know what kind of agreement they have) because the Biathlon coach takes our rifles for the trainings of the athletes of the club in Livigno and the training camps of the Australian (in Australia). This was also the reason why an important part of my rifle (a small one) got lost and it made my rifle work even worse than it was already working.

Buying my own rifle could be an option. But that's really expensive and there is no place to train here in my city or in the cities around. That's an investment for the future, not for now. I love biathlon, but for now my focus (and investment, if the support from the federation is not enough) is mostly on cross country because that is my biggest chance to qualify for the next Olympics.

28 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Brazil will have about 15-18 athletes in Lausanne I think, but they could easily have 25-30 realistically.