website statistics
  • Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Daria Pikulik said she will take a two year break from track cycling and *maybe* decides to return after that IF the situation in our cycling federation gets better (hint: it probably won't).   She will focus on road racing going forward.   https://infosport.pl/aktualnosci-2024-sport-zawodowy/kolarstwo/daria-pikulik-zrywa-z-kolarstwem-torowym-winny-zwiazek
    • I think the problem wasn't so much the number of events but the number of sports which mushroomed from 14 to 22 between Stockholm and Antwerp.   The extra costs and organisation of putting on additional athletics and swimming events for example would be minimal. However, taking on eight new sports was an entirely different matter.
    • The sport program blew up in 1920, it went from 102 events in 1912 to 156 events in 1920. By 1928, the program was down to 109 events.
    • Good story about tug-of-war’s history at the Olympics.  According to this story, it was taken off the program after the 1920 Olympics because the IOC thought there were too many sports in the Games and they wanted to streamline things.     http://www.tugofwar.co.uk/olympics-history
    • Semi Finals:       vs   vs    My Guess:       vs   vs    My Guess:     
    • Women's Team Pursuit: 1.)  (Cat Ferguson / Imogen Wolff / Erin Boothman / Carys Lloyd) 2.)  (Elina Cabot / Melanie Dupin / Leane Tabu / Violette Demay) 3.)  (Linda Sanarini / Arianna Giordani / Irma Siri / Asia Sgaravato)   Men's Team Pursuit: 1.)  (Davide Stella / Ares Costa / Christian Fantini / Alessio Magagnotti) 2.)  (Ellande Larronde / Lucas Menanteau / Leo Busson / Camille Charret) 3.)  (Sam Fisher / William Salter / Henry Hobbs / Fin Tarling)     Women's Team Sprint: 1.)  (Lu Minying / Luo Shuyan / Shi Yi) 2.)  (Riley Faulkner / Jodie Blackwood / Caitlin Kelly) 3.)  (Siria Trevisan / Matilde Cenci / Chantal Pegolo)   Men's Team Sprint: 1.)  (Krystof Friedl / Jan Porizek / David Peterka) 2.)  (Li Ruyi / Feng Yusheng / Sun Haoran) 3.)  (Jung Jaeho / Choi Taeho / Jeong Suckwoo)     Women's Scratch: 1.)  Nicole Duncan 2.)  Valentina Ferreyra Beltramo 3.)  Chantal Pegolo   Men's Scratch: 1.)  Lucas Menanteau 2.)  Heimo Fugger 3.)  Nejc Peterlin     Women's Individual Sprint: 1.)  Stefany Lorena Cuadrado Florez 2.)  Georgette Rand 3.)  Luo Shuyan   Men's Keirin: 1.)  Fabio Del Medico 2.)  Kanata Takahashi 2.)  Daniyar Shayakhmetov   Women's Elimination Race: 1.)  Messane Brautigam 2.)  Gabriela Kaczmarczyk 3.)  Anita Baima   Men's Points Race: 1.)  Nicolas Aernouts 2.)  Lucca Marques Ferreira Silva 3.)  Fin Tarling   Women's Omnium: 1.)  Cat Ferguson 2.)  Nicole Duncan 3.)  Adelina Sakun   Men's Individual Pursuit:  1.)  Henry Hobbs 2.)  William Holmes 3.)  Alessio Magagnotti
    • What a statistic, don't think this has happened in any sport ever.    
    • Sorry I have never found the ability to see the Latvia games. I assume you might be referring to the two vs Denmark.  Sadly Denmark is another i have not found yet. However honestly i looked for Denmark far less then i did Latvia.
    • What's wrong with tug-of-war in theory? It's a team based strength competition, something you don't see on the program.   Of course, way too few nations actually participate (only 25 total nations are competing at the 2024 World Championships) so it won't be added any time soon