website statistics

Sport Climbing IFSC African Olympic Qualifier 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 8 months later...
26 minutes ago, Josh said:

Men’s and women’s speed quotas go to :RSA Joshua Bruyns and :RSA Aniya Holder!

I seriously hope they reject the quota. I mean I'm totally in favor of having all continents represented, but this sport simply doesn't exist in Africa, at least not yet.

all male competitors are South Africans !!! and their best result is 7.16!!! :yikes: how this event is even legitimate with one country competing ? 

and in the women's side we had 5 from RSA and 1 from MRI who clocked 30 seconds! she may even go to the Olympics with that if RSA rejects the quota. (I assume there is no minimum time required in the qualification rules)

On 12/7/2023 at 12:30 PM, MHSN said:

I seriously hope they reject the quota. I mean I'm totally in favor of having all continents represented, but this sport simply doesn't exist in Africa, at least not yet.

all male competitors are South Africans !!! and their best result is 7.16!!! :yikes: how this event is even legitimate with one country competing ? 

and in the women's side we had 5 from RSA and 1 from MRI who clocked 30 seconds! she may even go to the Olympics with that if RSA rejects the quota. (I assume there is no minimum time required in the qualification rules)

it sure does look like they will say "no thanks, let's have more europeans in paris"

Edited by Mateus Nagime