website statistics

Men's Futsal FIFA World Cup 2024

Totallympics

13 hours ago, phelps said:

good chances, I'd say

:FRA are not that strong

Until about 15 years ago, France probably didn't even have a national futsal team? Or if they did, they certainly didn't play in big events. On the other hand: Italy, Russia and Ukraine have always been strong in this sport, although Italy almost always lost to Spain in key matches.

8 hours ago, copravolley said:

In these days it's rare for a Russian to support for the Ukrainians, am I right?

well, supporting Ukraine is a crime with a long-time jail punishment in Russia now, so yeah, it's rare. I never stopped supporting Ukraine since I've been there multiple times and have Ukrainian surname

Edited by vovanA

Bring back the 1991 borders

18 hours ago, vovanA said:

well, supporting Ukraine is a crime with a long-time jail punishment in Russia now, so yeah, it's rare. I never stopped supporting Ukraine since I've been there multiple times and have Ukrainian surname

I just hope you are safe now. There have been very few people from Russia on various international sports forums etc. recently. Maybe because there aren`t many Russians competing?

btw., Did Russian TV broadcast the Paris Olympics and e.g. any current sports events e.g. Champions League, tennis?

2 hours ago, Fer GUA said:

Wow! Not as easy for :BRA this last game. It is going to be tough against :ARG in the final. 

Too bad. I would like a new champion but Brazil will probably win in the final against Argentina :P For Ukraine, it would be a historical title. All the more respect for them, because Ukraine probably doesn`t naturalize any Brazilians, like Italy did a dozen or so years ago - thanks to them we won many medals at the World and European Championships.

Edited by copravolley

3 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

Semifinal

Ukraine :UKR 2 - 3 :BRA Brazil 

Brazil back in FIFA Futsal WC final after 12 years.

12 years? Wow. I say that I lost touch with this sport :P When I followed it, the final was always Brazil vs. Spain and Italy won bronze :)

2 hours ago, copravolley said:

I just hope you are safe now. There have been very few people from Russia on various international sports forums etc. recently. Maybe because there aren`t many Russians competing?

btw., Did Russian TV broadcast the Paris Olympics and e.g. any current sports events e.g. Champions League, tennis?

Well, if I don't act suspicious in the street and they don't check my phone, I'm pretty safe

No, they didn't show Olympics, tennis is absent since Eurosport turned off, champions league moved to some streaming platform. By the way, they do broadcast this Futsal world championships with an exception for one team

Bring back the 1991 borders

3 hours ago, vovanA said:

Well, if I don't act suspicious in the street and they don't check my phone, I'm pretty safe

No, they didn't show Olympics, tennis is absent since Eurosport turned off, champions league moved to some streaming platform. By the way, they do broadcast this Futsal world championships with an exception for one team

It would be funny if "one team" advanced to the final :P I wonder how they would explain the miss of broadcast?