website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

Apparently things are getting very tense at the Wayne Country (Detroit) ballot counting center. It appears as though supporters of Donald Trump have shown up in order to try and shutdown the ballot counting. I’ll see if I can find some reliable video sources.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
15 minutes ago, Agger said:

And Arizona that hasn't been called by all news outlets.

Yeah, that’s been tightening in the background as well. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm confused about how the counting goes. I read ballots are scanned, but then what's with the manual counting? And are they counting scans or the actual papers? 

I don’t know that information either. My guess would be that perhaps the ballots are scanned (and counted by computer) and then counted manually in order to ensure accuracy. They could also just be counting the raw number of votes checked. Counting mail-in ballots is also a multi-step process, so it could have something else to do with that process.

Posted
3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I believe Georgia is on halt too, but not exactly sure why. @Olympian1010? And while we're at it, what's the delay in North Carolina?

In Pennsylvania I believe it's due to the huge number of mail ballots, most of which they could only even start counting after yesterday's in-person votes were all counted.

I believe Georgia election officials will have have a press conference soon to discuss what’s going on there. No clue what’s going on in North Carolina.

Yes, Pennsylvania had a press conference a while ago, and they said they are still at work counting mail-in ballots. Yes, in Pennsylvania the law is they can’t start counting mail-in ballots until Election Day.

Posted
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Mostly because of the mail ballots I believe? They can arrive until 10 November and will be counted (if marked 3 November at the latest of course), perhaps that has something to do with it?

Yes, that is part of, if not all, of the reasoning behind that.

Posted
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I had never in my life heard of Helena, Montana when I read this a while ago. Then half an hour ago I was walking while listening to a podcast.....and I kid you not, Helena, Montana of all places was mentioned :yikes: 

Helena is the capital of the state, but it’s not a big city (I wouldn’t even use the word “city” to describe it). The more notable towns in Montana are Missoula, Billings, and Bozeman, the later of which has floated the idea of a Winter Olympics bid on a few occasions.

Posted

Biden now has the lead in Michigan. I just woke up after a couple hours of sleep, so I have no clue what his odds of holding it are.

Posted
9 minutes ago, dcro said:

ME-2 votes for Trump, Democrat Senator. :p

That part of the country is wack. Vermont appears to have voted for Biden by a majority of around 35%. However, they’ve elected a Republican governor with a majority of around 40%.

Also, while I’m looking at Vermont, it appears they had 21 candidates for President on the ballot...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So we have stopped counting now?! It's been 2 hours without a change in the count % for the battle states. Shady stuff going on..

From the reporting I’ve heard, some of the county election commissions in the state decided to stop work for tonight, in order to allow their workers to sleep.

It’s also nearly 3AM on the East Coast, I don’t think anyone’s doing anything fast at that time...

Posted

Trump claims to have won Georgia, North Carolina. Complains that some outlets have already called Arizona for Biden. Trump claims he’ll expand his lead in Pennsylvania. 

Trump claims the election is a fraud and embarrassment. Trump gets very close to declaring he’s won the election. Trump will ask the Supreme Court to force states to stop counting ballots.

Posted

I guess Trump is going to give remarks soon. Rumor has it he will declare victory. 

Posted

388 voters in Nevada have cast a ballot in the presidential race for “none of these candidates”