website statistics
Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Chile scored 87 (!) Points against Guyana in the rugby :yikes:i think I never saw such a big score in sevens! And despite this they still didn't advance to semis. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 6 minutos, ofan dijo:

Who's the favourite to light the cauldron? I just read about some guy named Teofilo Cubillas on Wikipedia, who is apparently their greatest footballer ever. That's who I'm putting my money on

I think he's too old, I bet Cecilia Tait.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

2027 will be for Colombia 95% sure. Their government has much more interest in sport than ours (sports besides football I mean) and I think they can gather much more public support for the bid than us. Here the people would only get very angry if we were to win the bid. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 4 minutos, mrv86 dijo:

But "San" goes before "Santa" in Spanish

I didn't know this rule :mumble:So only the first word of two composed names determines which comes first unless said first words are completely identical?

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 1 minuto, JoshMartini007 dijo:

On one hand it essentially avoids clashing with the various World Championships, but on the other hand, I imagine many athletes (especially in athletics) in non-Olympic qualifying sports will skip the games.

Many american/canadian you mean. 

And they already do that, so... 

The only downside I see from this decision is that we'll have weaker marks in athletics/swimming (cuz no one would peak in november).

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 14 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

do they only show the Argentina athletes on TYC only streams? (As in the ones they use their own cameras for)

Most of the time yes, but I clearly remember 4 years ago watching field hockey and handball games that did not involve our team on their streams (they just left the camera there all day without commentary).

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

I got to watch squash and softball today. Thank you tyc and my cable provider :banana:

(Just be patient guys, i'm sure there will be more free streaming from them saturday onwards, not just beach volleyball forever)

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Today I was able to watch some court 2 beach volleyball (ARG-TTO) and the ARG-USA handball game on tyc sports (on tv I mean). Both filmed by tyc with their own cameras.

Unfortunately, it seems that on "tyc sports play" the stream was behind some subscription wall (whenever you see a key on the stream thumbnail, that means you need the stupid subscription). 

We'll see what happens when the games start, maybe they will be more "open" then. I'll keep you updated.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 14 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

It appears TYC Sports doesn’t know the difference between :IVB and :ISV :d. For minute their schedule was really confusing me and then I figured out the problem.

Schedule of what? Where?

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 16 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

So I’d like, if possible, to create a list broadcasters for various reasons.

:MEX: Marco Claro 

:USA: ESPN

I’m still in need of the others

It's "Marca Claro".

In Argentina TyC Sports.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Justo ahora, thiago_simoes dijo:

In artistic gymnastics, only the US will not send their best gymnasts. In women's artistic, Biles will miss the event, but the other gymnasts are either from their A or B team, so the level will be good. In men's artistic gymnastics all of the guys are relatively unknown, but they seem to be decent. The other teams will be the best of the best.

Yes, but there are many injuries from top level gymnasts I think? I say it's not a great competition at this point.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 22 minutos, Olympian1010 dijo:

So what sports will we see A (top) level athletes competing in (like a majority of A level athletes)?

I guess all except swimming, artistic gymnastics, surf, basketball, football, volleyball, beach volleyball, road cycling, men baseball, tennis and golf.

In athletics, rowing and canoeing it's only USA and Canada not taking the best but they are the dominant countries in those sports.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Yes, it is known that gringos need 3 months of meditation in Tibet before they compete in a world championship of any kind :rolleyes: that's why they don't bother coming here to compete with other world/olympic medalists of latin american countries.