website statistics
Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2021
Posted
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

is there a world record for the number of postponements ? :d

Anything organized by the OCA this cycle :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Should the Commonwealth Games Federation and find a host for 2026, :GAB:TOG will be eligible to send delegations for the first time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

World Games 2025
Posted

Obstacle swimming events have been dropped from lifesaving :(

World Games 2025
Posted

:BEN qualified in boules according to the IWGA. Hopefully they fill the qouta(s). They didn't qualify any athletes to Birmingham 2022.

Parapan American Games 2023
Posted

PanamSports Channel will stream this event as well. More info from the press release below.

An unprecedented broadcast of the Parapan American Games will take place from November 17 to 26 in the Chilean capital, with 6 live signals in Spanish and English, and more than 600 hours offering the best of Parapan American sports.

Virtually all sports will be broadcast on the Channel: swimming; para-athletics; wheelchair basketball, PC football, blind football, goalball, wheelchair rugby, powerlifting, shooting sports and judo.

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024
Posted

There are still two races left on the youth series (both in Innsbruck), but the following NOCs are in a very good position to win at least one quota.

M Monobob - :ROU:POL:TUN:THA:AUT:USA:FRA:CHN:BRA:CAN:GER:KOR:GBR 

W Monobob - :DEN:LAT:USA:ROU:THA:CAN:TUN:JAM:KOR

M Skeleton - :LAT:ROU:UKR:SVK:USA:KOR:NED:BRA:DEN:GER:COL:SRB

W Skeleton - :LAT:CHN:ROU:ESP:AUT:DEN:NED:JPN:GER:USA:KOR:THA 

A rather eclectic list of nations at the moment. Unless a handful of new nations show up in Innsbruck, there will be quite a few nations getting more than one quota in each event.

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024
Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2023 at 10:33 AM, intoronto said:

Quotas for FS from the WJC

MS: :JPN x2 :SUI X2, :ITA :CAN :KOR :USA :CHN :EST :SWE :FRA :SVK :UKR

WS: :JPN X2 :KOR x2, :CHN :SUI :USA :GEO :CAN :FRA :EST :LAT :HUN :CYP

P: :USA :AUS x2 each

ID: :CZE x2, :KOR x2, :CAN x2, :GBR:USA:FRA  

Quotas from the JGP 2023/2024 - ISU Communication

MS: :NZL:LAT:GBR:GEO 

WS: :TPE:FIN:ISR:AUS

P: :GEO:CAN

ID: :GER:ISR:UKR

NOCs eligible for the team event (according to interpretation of the qualification system) - :CAN:FRA:GEO:KOR:USA

Edited by Olympian1010

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

A clip of the mascot twerking feels like the perfect way to end these Games :p

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Gold for :USA Erin Jackson in speed skating.

She really owns the 500m no matter the surface :cool:

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
6 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Are non Olympic sports getting axed for 2027?

And what about non olympic events (like some classes in sailing or handing out golds for every apparatus is RG)?

Honestly, it still seems pretty unclear. There was all that talk of cuts after Lima 2019, and in the end, there were only a few. If they do cut the non-Olympic sports, I think should go the ODEBO route and create an event for those sports specifically.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
50 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

:BRA wins a gold medal in Artistic Skating after a great performance from our skater... I guess? It wasn't shown anywhere :wall:

I couldn’t find a single channel showing artistic skating today or yesterday. Big change from 2019.

Scheduling definitely screwed those athletes over in terms of exposure.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Golden clean sweep for Brazil in rhythm athletics, 8/8 gold :wub:

Let's hope in some nice surprise in Paris.

Yeah, but they aren’t doing so hot in open water gymnastics :p

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Oh well, 3 breakdance matches are enough for me. I think that I can switch to athletics.

Be prepared for disappointment. The competition standard may be lower than you would expect.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

This men’s hammer final is almost certainly the best athletics event of the Games.

Katzberg :CAN with a GR on his first throw.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted (edited)

Ferrari on the podium, no, not the F1 team. The Argentine trampolinist :p

Quite a surprise he made the podium. In fact, the entire podium is a shocking dismissal from North American dominance of recent cycles.

:COL:BRA:ARG in line for the Olympic quota in that order.

Edited by Olympian1010

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

:COL gets a gold medal in inline speed skating. What a shocking an unexpected result :yikes:

:p

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

1000m is a great event for showing off the sport. I’m glad World Skate/PanamSports added it to the program. 

I still prefer the distance races myself, but of the sprints, this is the best format without question.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted (edited)

Commentator calling the skaters “riders,” which is one of the easiest ways to get under my skin. 

We have a specific word in English for this activity! You ride a horse. You ride a bike. You skate on wheels (or ice)!

Normally not a stickler for language, but this is my hill (linguistically).

Edited by Olympian1010

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Games fatigue is hitting me hard today. It's been fun following these, but I am ready to close the curtains on this thing.