website statistics
Pan American Games 2023
Posted
10 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Meanwhile tyc sports: "why don't we put a big countdown clock and show drunken Boca fans in the beach, that will give us higher ratings than canoeing":banana:

(It probably will actually)

It's the only thing I hate from Argentina: that religious movement that football is, it's sooooo annoying, specially as you are a country with so many good athletes in so many different sports (at least compare with chile)

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Another gold for us!!! We have reach the historic number of silver, bronze and total number of medals, we need at least 3 gold (finger crossed) to have our best games ever :D 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Don't know what :CHI can do anymore other than win gold medals in unexpected events. They have a chance today with Surfing.

we can expect maximum 2 golds in athletism, maybe sailing and 2-3 gold in other events, so 10 to 12 golds with be the maximum expected

I feel a little dissapointed but not that much...chilean athletes don' work that well under pressure

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
8 minutes ago, konig said:

Me today watching our rowing:

Well, in 5 finals, at least can be one gold

Two finals without medals after.........well, it can be a podium although it wont be gold

Two finals without medals after..........ok, it wont be medals, at least can i pretend to be the boat in the tv screen to the end?

After the next final with a fourth place very behind the third and not in the TV screen:   mother fu.......!!

don't worry, as usually in 3-4 days you'll win 15 gold medals and that's it, right on track again

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
10 minutes ago, Fer GUA said:

Bolivia :BOL gold and silver in Racquetball Singles Men as the two athletes defeated both Mexicans at Semifinals.

Only 2nd gold medal for Bolivia in Pan American Games. Congrats!

they are sooo good at that sport :O ... congratz for them!!!

----------------

We conquer our second gold :D!!! They are not easy at all this year :P 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I suspect with the host nation boost, Chile will be competing with the likes of Argentina, Colombia and Cuba. If not, they should still finish solidly in the top 10.

While swimming appears to be a diverse sport given that most nations compete in it, in reality only a handful of nations excel in it. Currently only 5/45 (11%) of medals were won by non-USA/Brazil/Canada nations. In 2019, it was 21/114 (18%) and Argentina accounted for 10 of them. So unless you are planning to compete with Brazil/Canada you don't really need a good swim team to excel.

that's it, I think there is no plan to develop swimming as much as I would like

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Chile is really weak in multi-event sports and have been slightly reversed in athleticism.

On the other hand, Swimming events we can't compete, and that cost us a lot of medals even in the south american games :(

I'm optimistic for today's results

:) 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently more than a thousand keys from the Pan American village were not identified with the corresponding department number. Kinda funny story, except for the volunteers who had to test the keys one by one :lol:

poor volunteers xD

I live in Argentina, my boyfriend is colombian...so I hope a lot of happy moments this year :D