website statistics
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

There was one South African. Stop crying.

But sadly no Commonwealth medalists from :NFK, That is, if indoor bowls and lawn bowls are the same thing. :p

Yeah, the more international field and Norfolk Island competitors for example compete in the Outdoor version :d

I guess I am the only person watching the men's semi-finals :d

Simon Skelton walking onto a bowls match with the walk-on music "I Predict A Riot"..... well a riot at a bowls match would certainly be a first especially when the average age of the audience is probably around 70-years-old :d

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

So with today's 27-10 victory against Hong Kong in Marseille, Canada becomes the 20th and final nation to book their place at next year's 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan. In doing so, Canada maintain their record of appearing at every single edition of the Rugby World Cup :yes.

And we now know the make-up of each of the Pools for the World Cup. There are no debutants, with each qualified nation having made at least 3 previous appearances at the World Cup. The notable absence is Romania, who will miss the World Cup for the very first time having appeared in each of the previous 8 editions.

Pool C is the group of death this time but Pool D is very interesting too.

Pool B
 :NZL New Zealand
 :RSA South Africa
 :ITA Italy
 :NAM Namibia
 :CAN Canada
Pool A
 :IRL Ireland
 :SCO Scotland
 :JPN Japan
 :RUS Russia
 :SAM Samoa

Pool D
 :AUS Australia
 :WAL Wales
 :GEO Georgia
 :FIJ Fiji
 :URU Uruguay
Pool C
 :ENG England
 :FRA France
 :ARG Argentina
 :USA United States
 :TGA Tonga

Edited by OlympicIRL

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted

Ireland beat the All Blacks 16-9 :clap:. A very special day for our sport! I'm still bouncing round the room :d

First time since 1995 that a team from the northern hemisphere has kept the All Blacks try-less in a match. That stat blew my mind. Just shows how awesome the All Blacks are.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@OlympicIRL Is racquetball a well established sport in Ireland? Because you have a young player doing rather well on the first day of the junior world championships.

I take note of any player not from the America’s who does well, since the sport is dominated by the Americas at the international level.

I honestly don't know a lot about it but I can tell you that squash is at a decent level here and we have our own GAA handball which is like squash and racquetball, but you use the hand as your racquet. So I guess there will be some cross-over between all of those. Thanks for the news, let me know how he gets on :)

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

Anderson was on fire last night. Tonight, we should see him become the third player after Phil Taylor and MVG to win the Triple Crown.

De Zwaan put in another awesome performance, not many could have lived with Anderson for so long, the way he was playing.

Edited by OlympicIRL

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted
il y a 20 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

De Zwaan is playing so, so well :yikes:

He beat Van Gerwen, beat Lewis and now is playing amazing against Chisnall.

Incredible tournament for him. It would be great if he can keep the momentum going into the rest of the season!

Men's Rugby WR World Cup 2019
Posted
9 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

It was just bad refeering. Nothing more, nothing less. Just like, us, frenchies, we like to believe we're contantly fucked over by referees in european games, because, really, what's the difference between an englsih and a welsh if not for more readed hair ? That's called a confirmation bias.

They should never have appointed a romanian ref for this game. And everyhing would have  set down. Now, it gets traction in french and british press. I don't believe WR will go full retard on this one (like asking for replaying the game), but some people will need to go down at Rugby Europe.

Oh come on, a Welsh man is definitely not going to be biased towards the English, if anything it would be quite the opposite :p.

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Whitlock and Gurney didn't want to win. 

Nothing new for Gurney in this PL, he likes throwing away points :d. Although he gained one tonight I guess after Whitlock gave him a second chance.

Edited by OlympicIRL

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

Spain defeated Russia in Krasnodar today 20-13 to move a huge step closer towards a first World Cup appearance since 1999!

This means next weekend's tie against Romania in Madrid is set up as a potential showdown to see who will qualify for Japan 2019. There is only a single point between the teams at the moment.

Edit: the below table is incorrect, Romania should be on 20 points, Spain on 17 and Russia on 10.

DVr44AkX0AIeusQ.jpg

Edited by OlympicIRL