website statistics
Iran National Thread
Posted
12 minutes ago, dareza said:

Hello, it seems that MOJALLALIMOGHADAM will be in Rio. :yes any news in Iran about that?

yes ICF confirmed it by official announcement letter

76d304fea8.jpg

Iran National Thread
Posted (edited)

so sorry for bahador , what a bad luck he had! i hope his brother which involved in accident would be safe :(

i don't know if national team case affect on this accident

maybe i'm wrong but i don't understand meaning of this choice? why hashemi instead of molaei. as far as i know even we cut BLR and RUS weightlifters, molaei had a better chance to be medalist compare to hashemi, specially this hashemi which had a quite good potential to fail in snatch and eliminating before clean and jerk

Edited by amiry2j

Iran National Thread
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

today we had a competition between weightlifters to determine the national team for the Olympics, coach will announce the team soon but here is the result , not impressing at all.

Ayoub Mousavi (85) 165+200=365 (162X 162X 165 / 200 210X 211X)

Ali Hashemi (94) 175+no mark ! (172X 175 180X / 212X 212X 215X)

Sohrab Moradi (94) 180+234=414 (180 185X 188X / 220 234 -)

Mohammad Reza Barari (105) 180+220=400 (180 185X 185X / 220 225X 225X )

Bahador Molaei (+105) 190+240=430 (190 195X 195X / 240 252X -)

Kianoush Rostami (85) is training separately in another city (in Tehran) and wasn't even there to compete and Behdad Salimi decided to not.

Moradi's 234kg rcord is 1kg higher than Ilya Ilyin current world record. still his snatch wasn't impressing by his standards, still he will be clear favorite for gold in Rio. others didn't impress at all. specially Barari and Hashemi they lifted even less than their Fajr Cup results ! Bahador has improved by 20kg which is a good sign, still he needs 10 more kilos to compete for a medal in Rio.

I think they will drop Mousavi for sure, Rostami, Moradi and Salimi are already selected. the last 2 spots are between Hashemi, Barari and Molaei

what's happened to his snatch move? i saw a video about 1 year ago which shows 200 snatch and 240 clean and jerk. i know it's some possible training act , but i expected at least 188 kg snatch! link

btw Adrian Zielinski new record in polish championship 188+221=409kg

Edited by amiry2j

Iran National Thread
Posted (edited)

non-official: new world record for weight lifting in 85 kg

during the training  kianoush rostami broke the 18 years old world record in clean & jerk  and increased it to 220 kg. 

source(+movie)

Edited by amiry2j

Iran National Thread
Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2016 at 20:39, MHSN said:

at 66kg, both Noroozi and Zeidvand dominated their opponents , It's hard to pick one of them, I guess they will send both of them to Poland, it's also possible to pick Noroozi because of his past.

i don't think zeidvand  became international wrestler yet, and for the start, olympic games would be too much for him. wrestlers in greco should prove themselves in non-hosting situations (like what reza atri did in freestyle) cause in so many matches the place of the wrestlers get caution may be switch and that would effect the result. i think he's still local wrestler but i hope he'll get better in next few years

Edited by amiry2j

Canada National Thread
Posted (edited)

hello guys and girls

do you know if canada volleyball federation announces the roster of the team for world olympic qualification?

and do you have any source for this?

Edited by amiry2j

Iran National Thread
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2016 at 22:12, MantaRaymarc said:

Do you know how and when will the Iranians chose their weightlifters for Rio 2016? This is going to be tough. 

looks like they will announce the roster 3 weeks before start of  the competition

Edited by amiry2j