website statistics
On 21/07/2021 at 03:30, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

Anyone playing the fantasy game
image.png

Yes, we have a league. Check the “Fantasy Games” thread in the general section.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

According to ATR, Fernanda Aguirre :CHI (taekwondo) has tested positive for COVID-19 and will be forced to withdraw from her event.

NBC is just said that Taylor Crabb :USA (beach volleyball) tested positive for COVID-19 on their broadcast.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Just read about it ...... Has anyone got any intel at least which country or which sport?

New text for the Olympic Oath’s: 

“We promise to take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules and in the spirit of fair play, inclusion and equality. Together we stand in solidarity and commit ourselves to sport without doping, without cheating, without any form of discrimination. We do this for the honour of our teams, in respect for the Fundamental Principles of Olympism, and to make the world a better place through sport.”

According to the IOC Press Release, each Oath will now be taken by both and male and female representative as well.

Summer Olympics 2020 Video Games
Posted

Yeah, I think my only complaint would be that the online service can be fickle. Otherwise, I think everything else was done well. The character customization is extensive. The controls are well thought out, and you can actually get better at an event by playing it more and more and learning the more advanced controls. The graphics are nice, and custom intros by sport are cool too. 

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Barcelona intro was a full minute long? :wacko:

There could have been shorter versions used as well. For instance, MediaPro had a 45 second full-length intro for Lima 2019 (that played before ceremonies), and then three different 30 second versions (that played before the sports).

2 minutes ago, bmo said:

Do any of my American friends know when NBC is going to release their broadcast schedule? @Olympian1010@quaker2001 @Triplecast

@Quaker2001 is definitely the one to ask about that.

46 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Are we going to have a list of countries with the number of quotas on the tokyo 2020 site?

I’m not sure, but there might/should be a “athletes by NOC” (or some similar) feature as part of the results system. The results system is generally published in the week or leading up to the Games.

22 minutes ago, hckošice said:

yeah they even listed Richard Murray who passed two weeks agao heart surgery, He is very likely not even going to compete, I suspect he will be just classified as anchor leg of the relay without RSA even arriving to his leg probably and I bet also on the DNS in the individual event. this mixed relay really destroyed any chances for eventual reallocations in Triathlon. They have 55 quotas for M and 55 for W and still want also the Mixed Relay. Total failure by ITU.

We are and will end first under the line in both events !!! never talk me about our athletes luck anymore ffs !!! :lol:

The main problem was that they didn’t expect countries to have athletes that would only compete in the Mixed Relay. It was intended to be a additional medal opportunity for athletes after the individual event. Unfortunately, a loophole in the qualification system allows countries to not enter athletes in the individual event, but still allow them to compete in the relay. Ideally, the Paris 2024 qualification system will get rid of that loophole and mandate that relay athletes must compete in the individual events.