website statistics
Bobsleigh 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted
Just now, NearPup said:

Kaillie Humphries is leaving Canada and wants to compete for :USA Team USA due to feeling unsafe in team Canada. She claims that she has been harassed and that her concerns have not been taken seriously.

Thanks for the gift. I can almost guarantee she won’t find anything better here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, that's what we're used from Mexican winter athletes :p 

Reveal hidden contents

I quite liked the dios de Los muertos/ Sugar Scull look from the last Winter Olympics. That one might be my favorite skin suit of all time.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

Sometimes I forget about Akwasi Frimpong, one of my favorite athletes, but he’s been in the news quite a bit lately. Ghana Gas, Ghana’s State Gas Company, just signee him into a four year sponsorship. He helped run Nigeria’s bobsled tryouts. He helped set up :GAM, :TOG, and :ERI new Bobsled federations (and they have or are about to join the IBSF. He also launched his own sportswear company. Talk about a busy man and great Olympian. Hopefully he really does become a medal contender for 2022. 

His company recently began manufacturing skinsuits (racesuits) for those on the IBSF circuit. Here’s the one he made for a Mexican athlete @mrv86

Bobsleigh IBSF World Cup 2018 - 2019
Posted
1 hour ago, Col_Frost said:

Forget I said anything about men. But in women's competition Meyers won with great style. I was expecting that she'll win on her own track but not with such advantage. Maybe it's because of not so good performance of Jamanka?

:FRA Heinrich 2nd! What a result! When was the last time when French was in top 3? And this second run of Lochner, what a poor start. I hoped that finally somebody will win with Friedrich in two-men.

Great day for France! Plus my fav bobsleder won the women’s race. Too bad I can’t watch them

Bobsleigh 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Liechtenstein 1st and 4th, awesome :d

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/193233

Looks good for YOG next year

Posted
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Rough week for Winter Olympic sport this week

Posted
3 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

You can try and probably you'll succed considering that Polish federation is very poor ;) But if you want someone from Poland maybe you should consider Dawid Kupczyk who is now coach of Czech team (did you see what Dvorak is doing this season?).

I know it’s crazy how some smaller federations are making ground right now

Posted
6 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Well, that won't last forever. Wait when preparations for next OG will start. But I think that you need new drivers. Bascue is still junior, but somehow he didn't convince me to give him chance in next season. Maybe Geoffrey Gadbois and/or Hunter Church? But still I'm really interested how Americans will start in their own track in Lake Placid.

Or we could just borrow Luty

Posted
2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Don't be so harsh, that's only situation in men. In women Meyers is doing quite well.

I forgot about her, I’m an idiot. We’re friends on Instagram too. I’m a bad friend apparently. I get lost in my disappointment of the men’s team.

Posted
Just now, wumo26 said:

In a interview with Tennis World USA,  tennis player, Venus Williams, says she plans to compete in Bobsleigh at the 2022 Olympics. 

When asked if that meant she would be competing at the Tokyo Olympics, Williams promptly responded with a Yes, "Yes. And 2024. And 2022 (Winter Olympics). I'm going to be on the bobsleigh team".

Every US athlete says that now a days, and some how we still are at the bottom of the pack World Cup wise

Posted
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Not to mention how "monobob" is blatantly inconsistent name, which probably says a lot about the federation and its staff.

It should either be one-man (woman), two-man (woman) and four-man (woman), or monobob, duobob and tetrabob.

Or Single and Ready To Mingle, Marriage, and Foresome

Posted
31 minutes ago, dcro said:

Grand total of 10 women's crews are taking part in the trainings.

That’s 10 more than in the monobob

Posted
On 21/11/2018 at 01:05, heywoodu said:

Anthony Rinaldi is there with a sled too now, back in IBSF competition after 8 years :d 

http://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/193159

Not a shock being Prince Albert holds the sport near a dear (he was an Olympic bobsleder after all). Probably no shortage of funding given Rinaldi’s recent success

Posted
On 08/11/2018 at 23:13, heywoodu said:

Encouraging result for Rudy Rinaldi/Boris Vain in the North American Cup:

http://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/193147

My favorite athlete, if you’ve ever seen my profile. I have a small love for good athletes from tiny European nations