website statistics
Field Hockey 2022 Discussion Thread
Posted

South Africa defeated Ireland at the Men's Hockey Nations Cup final, and will play the 2023-24 Men's Pro League.

India defeated Spain at the Women's Hockey Nations Cup final, and will play the 2023-24 Women's Pro League.

Men's Field Hockey FIH Pro League 2022 - 2023
Posted (edited)

There's a new tournament format to reduce travel. There will be 12 mini tournaments with 3 teams, played over a double round robin over a week. Therefore, every team will play every rival twice, as in previous years.

• India will host New Zealand and Spain from October 28 to November 6.
  • Argentina will host Belgium and Germany on November 4-9.
  • Argentina will host Britain and Netherlands on December 3-18.
  • Australia will host Argentina and Spain from February 28 to March 5.

Germany and Spain will host no rounds. Australia and New Zealand will host one round each. The other five countries will host two rounds.

Edited by NaBUru38

I have watched a few matches of the Women's World Cup, and I'm not enjoying the gameplay as much as I could.

First of all, there's too few goals. Out of the first 40 matches, the average score was 2.7 - 0.7. The lost didn't score any goal in 17 matches, and there was one 0-0 draw.

In addition, most goals are from set plays. Only 54 out of 137 goals were field goals (39%).

I think that field hockey needs some rules changes to increase the number of field goals.

- o -

I would make the goal a little wider, and increase the penalty circle to 18 m.

In addition, I would add a 3m goalkeeper-only circle.

An invitational Hockey5s tournament was held in Lausanne.

Uruguay's Cimarronas won the women's event with five straight wins over Switzerland (twice), South Africa, India and Poland.

India won the men's event, defeating Poland in the final. Pakistan, Switzerland and Malaysia were the other teams.

Argentina has a perfect record of 6 wins in regulation time, however they are fourth in points.

This format is a mess. The FIH should sort of copy the FIVB Volleyball Nations League, and have 3-5 weeks of play, so each group has four teams playing each other in a single venue.

Standings after... 3-9 rounds? Who the hell did the calender, it's a mess!

1. Netherlands: 80%
  2. Argentina: 76%
  3. Australia: 58%
  4. Belgium: 58%
  5. New Zealand: 44%
  6. Germany: 42%
  7. China: 33%
  8. Great Britain: 22%
  9. United States: 20%

On Sunday, Argentina will host China, whereas United States will host Great Britain.

Official Website

Women's Field Hockey FIH Hockey Series 2018 - 2019

CHK.gif Multi-Stage Event - 5 June 2018 - 27 June 2019 CHK.gif

095349n0j9mtma21ae1r0g.png