website statistics
23 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Interestingly enough, the NED coach doesn't agree to this opinion: 

Ook België maakte in de onderlinge confrontatie in de poulefase (2-0 winst) geen indruk op hem. ‘Het wordt Duitsland dat naar de finale gaat. Dat verwacht ik tenminste. Ik moet het nog maar zien met België. Ik vind dat België te veel omhoog wordt geschreven. Hun spelbeeld tegen ons is telkens hetzelfde: heel lang tegenhouden. Meer doen ze niet.’

Zijn mening over België kan nog wel veranderen als de ploeg van Raoul Ehren in de halve finale van Duitsland wint. ‘Maar dan moet ik nog wel even kijken op welke manier ze dat doen. Of ze dan echt van Duitsland winnen, of dat Duitsland van zichzelf verliest. Laat ze eerst maar eens van Duitsland winnen op een manier waar ik mijn pet voor afneem. En dan moeten ze dat type spel ook nog tegen ons durven te spelen. Pas dan kan het een interessante wedstrijd worden. Maar als ze weer achteroverleunen en dus doen wat ze altijd tegen ons doen? Dan wordt het weer 2-0 voor ons.’

https://hockey.nl/nieuws/oranje/volgens-paul-van-ass-snakt-oranje-een-beetje-naar-concurrentie/

That last part I highlighted is more or less what I said before: a lot of match-ups have become very predictable.

Our coach is apparently not impressed by Belgium. I'm not surprised at all. He always is a little arrogant. 

Belgium is so good because they found the right way to play against the Netherlands. It is certainly not attractive. I like the way of playing of Germany and Argentina much more.

Men's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2023
Posted

What a surprise Germany won this WCh. But in the end ... well deserved. Netherlands played a good tournament as well. I'm looking forward to the ECh and the OG with our young and talented team. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Quasit said:

4-0

4-0

14-0

I'd say the level has increased. :d 

For sure, the second match and today's match were a lot better. But in the end we have to be honest: group C was incredibly weak. In the quarterfinal we play against Australia/Argentina or South Korea. It will be an extremely difficult match for the Dutch.

Posted

Dutch team doesn't play well against Malaysia. Too many technical mistakes. I expected a lot more of our young team. Hopefully their level will go up in the next match against New Zealand.

Australia made the best impression in the first matches. In my opinion biggest favourite for the title.

1 uur geleden, Dunadan zei:

Netherlands / India / Germany  vs. Pakistan / Austria / Russia*

GBR / Spain / New Zealand / Canada vs. Malaysia / France / Ireland / Korea

* Egypt decided to withdraw

Pakistan will be a very, very tricky opponent for The Netherlands. A play-off against Malaysia, France, Ireland or Korea would be easier. Only reason Pakistan is in pot 4 is that they withdrew from the Pro League. Don't like this format at all.

:yikes: And Belgium :BEL , finalist two years ago, is out! They lost against Spain and ended third in the poule, behind The Netherlands. After the surprisedraw against :NED  they really thought they closed the gap with the world elite, but four days later they are in the playdown matches at this European Championships.