Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Speed Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    2,020

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

Edited by heywoodu

phelps    245
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

World champion Kjeld Nuis finishes 6th in the 1500m and misses out on the World Cups. Koen Verweij came back from training in Russia and took the win with a big margin. 

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

heywoodu    2,020
4 minutes ago, phelps said:

quite surprising results, I'd say...:yikes:

p.s. am I the only one who has some "unhortodox" thoughts about Verweij's "hidden" training "over there"? :whistle:

No :p 

Erben Wennemars (former top class sprinter and nowadays analyst on Dutch TV) has been rather furious about Verweij going to Russia. Nuis judged him for it, but well, Nuis is 6th and Verweij won, so yeah :d 

I laughed at the interviewer's question after the win: "Did you do anything different there?" :evil:

Edited by heywoodu

heywoodu    2,020

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

• Like 1

phelps    245
16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thijsje Oenema has been spotted in Heerenveen, watching the races. Very good news, since she retired because of rather serious cancer which definitely wasn't sure if it could be cured. She looked pretty healthy :) (don't know if she actually is, but it was good to see her there)

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

heywoodu    2,020
3 minutes ago, phelps said:

this looks some good news...

I really hope she's on her full recovery path...

p.s. they also showed Marianne Timmer on the stands...nowadays she looks even more beautiful than in her racing times...:wub:

I'll tell her next time I happen to see her in the local supermarket here :p 

phelps    245
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'll tell her next time I happen to see her in the local supermarket here :p 

:yes:lol:

p.s. thanks for the streaming link (even if today I don't have so much time to follow all the action carefully)...;)

heywoodu    2,020
1 minute ago, phelps said:

:yes:lol:

p.s. thanks for the streaming link (even if today I don't have so much time to follow all the action carefully)...;)

If you do have time to check the results now and then (or the interest in doing so :d ), they're between pages 850-856:

https://nos.nl/teletekst#856

856 is the one that has the live results of the distance that's going on at that time :p 

phelps    245
Just now, heywoodu said:

If you do have time to check the results now and then (or the interest in doing so :d ), they're between pages 850-856:

https://nos.nl/teletekst#856

856 is the one that has the live results of the distance that's going on at that time :p 

yeah, I know NOS Teletext has always all results...;)

I was used to take advantage of that when I was able to see (don't ask me how :whistle::lol:) the main Dutch TV channels on the satellite (I'm talking of the 2004-2007 period, the golden age of sat tv emulators, when almost all european networks were up for grabs for tv "pirates")...:lol:

• Haha 1