Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

Wanderer    550

Bah, cakewalk for Italy.

On the other hand, the most interesting tie is between Germany and Czech Republic. Berdych is a big plus for the Czechs, but I hope Davis Cup will provide some surprise.

As expected, even Hong (who won three Futures in Turkey over the last few weeks) was too strong for Statham. South Korea should become great power in men's tennis in upcoming years with, at least, 3-4 highly talented youngsters.

Back on WTA, Kontaveit with two great back to back wins over Cibulkova and Errani :yes

Danylove80    0
4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Bah, cakewalk for Italy.

On the other hand, the most interesting tie is between Germany and Czech Republic. Berdych is a big plus for the Czechs, but I hope Davis Cup will provide some surprise.

As expected, even Hong (who won three Futures in Turkey over the last few weeks) was too strong for Statham. South Korea should become great power in men's tennis in upcoming years with, at least, 3-4 highly talented youngsters.

Back on WTA, Kontaveit with two great back to back wins over Cibulkova and Errani :yes

Yes Korea have good prospective players but for me USA have 4-5 great talent in their hand...

Wanderer    550
1 minute ago, Danylove80 said:

Yes Korea have good prospective players but for me USA have 4-5 great talent in their hand...

USA are on the way to their old glory days! I hope most of their young players will pass the transition to senior tennis, like Fritz is doing lately. Great depth of players, most of them born in 1996-1998 span. 

Fritz, Paul, Tiafoe, Kozlov, Opelka, Mmoh, Donaldson...

I was delighted with Fritz's performance in Memphis and Acapulco. That guy is great, and I expect him in top 50 very soon.

Майкл    330

Anett! :cheer: Quite a delightful year for the youngsters on both WTA and ATP circuits.

Edited by Майкл

Майкл    330

Hantuchova was given a MDWC for Indian Wells... :wall:I understand she has won that event two times, but she didn't deserve to get it.

Wanderer    550

Ram, Fritz, McDonald, Del Potro and Tiafoe on men's side and Watson, Riske, Hantuchova, Davis, Crawford, Shuai Zhang, Rogers, Loeb on women's with MDWCs along with Sharapova's withdrawal...

Tiafoe will become first player born in 1998 to play at some ATP Masters 1000 event.

nenad    62

Troicki managed to lose 3-0 to Kukuškin in Belgrade :d

Edited by nenad

Wanderer    550

I am glad to see Durasovic succeeded to win. Norway have two great potentials, Viktor Durasovic and Casper Ruud. I hope both of them make top 100. 

I haven't heard of this boy, Christian Sigsgaard, he's either good or Basilashvili was in complete error mode. Huge surprise there, given the fact Georgia is a host. But also, I am wondering was it smart to choose carpet... It will suit Nielsen the best lol

What a return for Nieminen, 6-0 6-0 6-0 :d

Kinda expected result in SRB-KAZ tie, Kazakhstani players are really something different in Davis Cup (the Netherlands of Davis cup, lol)

Now, cheering for Zverev with all heart :cheer: 

Sabine.... no words -.-

Wanderer    550

I thought GER-CZE tie could be the most entertaining and I am glad I was right. Two five setters! Pity Zverev lost. If he only won that first set.... He had more points than Berdych, but we all know it is not deciding factor. I hope he can learn from this match. Tomorrow is the crucial match. If Germans win, I believe Zverev can deliver the third point.

Well, I definitely didn't foresee Italy to struggle this much against weakened Switzerland!

rybak    411
54 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I am glad to see Durasovic succeeded to win. Norway have two great potentials, Viktor Durasovic and Casper Ruud. I hope both of them make top 100. 

I haven't heard of this boy, Christian Sigsgaard, he's either good or Basilashvili was in complete error mode. Huge surprise there, given the fact Georgia is a host. But also, I am wondering was it smart to choose carpet... It will suit Nielsen the best lol

What a return for Nieminen, 6-0 6-0 6-0 :d

Kinda expected result in SRB-KAZ tie, Kazakhstani players are really something different in Davis Cup (the Netherlands of Davis cup, lol)

Now, cheering for Zverev with all heart :cheer: 

Sabine.... no words -.-

I think that Nicka was error mode :mad: I don't remember when last time he won match... Todays match showed how bad he is in this season.

Btw. I think that Argentina already can celebrate win in whole meeting, key match was Przysiężny - Pella and Michał sadly lost it... 

Crolympic    4

Belgium - Croatia 1:1 after day 1 matches.

Cilic won against Coppejans 3:0, and Goffin won against Coric 3:2.