website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

7 hours ago, Harit Garg said:

We can achieve 35 quota in athletics. What's your views.

Depends on the relays .................. if either the 4*100 women or 4*400 men make it ...there is a good chance  ( I am presuming the indian 4*400 women of course make it ) 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

22 hours ago, sameerph said:

There are no ranking points for mixed doubles. Rohan-Sania should have played together at Wimbledon which would have given them some match practice before Rio.

I do not agree with the reason Sania gave in in interview that she had a prior commitment to play with Dodig. Why should she commit in first place when it was well known that she would play mixed doubles for India at Rio ( either with Leander or Rohan).

I think Sania gave the commitment to Dodig in Dec-Jan itself. At that point, Leander was considered pretty much a sure bet for the Mixed as opposed to Rohan, with Lee having won 3 of the last 4 mixed doubles grand slams. While his ranking had dipped a bit, everyone expected him to improve it in the Olympic year as opposed to dipping to such a level that he may not even qualify.

And there was no way Leander was splitting with Hingis to even play just Wimbledon with Sania (even Saina would not want that situation) .Thats why probably, Sania commited to Dodig. Of course, without a commitment, Dodig might have looked for other partners.

Posting the India based fantasy Olympic game link again...for people who may want to join.. @tirtha22 @Smit

@Dolby @rohan sharma

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TQQ4W-cut7RCuxnem5uQKZaBNJNq4HzYyiXv_JbTo4/edit

@nitinsanker I think we need to keep the number to 15 as 10 would make the teams even more similar..the last 4-5 spots are the ones actually creating differences in the teams.

Edited by kapil857

2 hours ago, kapil857 said:

Posting the India based fantasy Olympic game link again...for people who may want to join.. @tirtha22 @Smit

@Dolby @rohan sharma

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TQQ4W-cut7RCuxnem5uQKZaBNJNq4HzYyiXv_JbTo4/edit

@nitinsanker I think we need to keep the number to 15 as 10 would make the teams even more similar..the last 4-5 spots are the ones actually creating differences in the teams.

Kapil do we add G , S , B , 4th place and top 8 against the 15 ? like in brackets ? ............ Saina ( S) 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

37 minutes ago, Vivek said:

I think it may be diplomatic strategy of Italy to win votes of cricket playing nations.

Yes I thought the same but its fine as long as they include Cricket after winning the hosting rights. They won't refuse to include Cricket after giving a word. And they will have provision of adding 5 new games so giving one place to cricket shouldn't be any harm as the cricket playing countries have backed them in winning

Edited by Smit

2 hours ago, kapil857 said:

@Dolby @rohan sharma

I'll add my team today

15 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Kapil do we add G , S , B , 4th place and top 8 against the 15 ? 

Thats what the captain and vice captain are for - pick the ones u think will win gold or silver as captain and vice captain.

Personally, I dont want to be predicting 4th place and top 8 for players like, say, Bindra or Narang who I hope to see return with gold, but if I have to predict exact placing then i'll probably have to predict a lower placing for them. But if there are others here who want to participate and think its good idea then we can consider it...

9 minutes ago, Smit said:

Yes I thought the same but its fine as long as they include Cricket after winning the hosting rights. They won't refuse to include Cricket after giving a word. And they will have provision of adding 5 new games so giving one place to cricket shouldn't be any harm as the cricket playing countries have backed them in winning

Ploy or not I know who I'll be supporting through the bidding process....

12 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Thats what the captain and vice captain are for - pick the ones u think will win gold or silver as captain and vice captain.

Personally, I dont want to be predicting 4th place and top 8 for players like, say, Bindra or Narang who I hope to see return with gold, but if I have to predict exact placing then i'll probably have to predict a lower placing for them. But if there are others here who want to participate and think its good idea then we can consider it...

As it is a prediction contest................ we could also add +5 points where your prediction matches with the result ? , for example if I gave sania a silver and she gets a silver my team gets an additional 5 points ? do you feel this will make it more interesting and also allow a better points distribution ?...maybe we can only give G or S  or B ( no 4th or top 8  ) ........................ as we are hoping all of them medal ...

Edited by nitinsanker