website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2021

hckošice

DAY 4 HIGHLIGHTS

bmo_wZk7S3iacippBJ97uQ.1280~Slovensk-rad

Slovakia SVK.gif 3 - 1 WHT.gif ROC
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 1-1, 2-0
May 24th 2021, h. 16:15, Olympic Sports Centre, Riga

Goals: 31. Kelemen (Roman) 1:0, 54. Gernát (Hrivík, Cehlárik) 2:1, 59. Ďaloga (Cehlárik, Hrivík) 3:1 - 32. Barabanov (Tolchinsky, Slepyshev) 1:1

DAY 4 HIGHLIGHTS

7006514_v0i.jpg?v=0i

Czech Republic CZE.gif  OT3 - 2 BLR.gif Belarus
Period-by-Period: 0-0, 2-1, 0-1, Overtime: 1-0
May 24th 2021, h. 20:15, Olympic Sports Centre, Riga

Goals: 30. Kovář (Hronek, Moravčík) 1:1, 34. Zadina (Hronek) 2:1, 62. Kubalík (Hanzl, Hrubec) 3:2 After OT - 26. Sharangovich (Kostitsyn) 0:1, 52. Yeryomenko (Lopachuk, Shinkevich) 2:2

DAY 4 HIGHLIGHTS

PWITSJG3SAPF0LT0s8GeJA.1280~Nemecko-Kana

Germany GER.gif 3 - 1 CAN.gif Canada
Period-by-Period: 2-1, 0-0, 1-0
May 24th 2021, h. 20:15,
Arena Riga, Riga

Goals: 11. Loibl (Kuhnhackl, Rieder) 1:0, 12. Plachta (Eisenschmid) 2:0, 58. Holzer (Plachta, Noebels) 3:1 - 19. Paul (Miller) 2:1

Tuesday May 25th, 2021 -

Preliminary Round Day 5 Schedule (GMT +3)

Preliminary Round

Group A
Eastern European Summer Time (GMT +3)

Great Britain GBR.gif vs DEN.gif Denmark
Period-by-Period:
May 25th 2021, h. 16:15, Olympic Sports Centre, Riga

Switzerland SUI.gif vs SWE.gif Sweden
Period-by-Period:
May 25th 2021, h. 20:15, Olympic Sports Centre, Riga

Group B
Eastern European Summer Time (GMT +3)

United States USA.gif vs KAZ.gif Kazakhstan
Period-by-Period:
May 25th 2021, h. 16:15,
Arena Riga, Riga

Finland FIN.gif vs NOR.gif Norway
Period-by-Period:
May 25th 2021, h. 20:15,
Arena Riga, Riga

8 hours ago, hckošice said:

Thank you brothers. we have avenged you. :d

it is a pity that it is not Czechoslovak team anymore, together we would be able to play for medals more 

True??. As for now, I think :SVK is a big favourite to win one of the medals. Not lost any point yet, so let's see. I wish you guys made it and won the medal cause :CZE team does not play much better than :SWE and :CAN this year ??

4 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

True??. As for now, I think :SVK is a big favourite to win one of the medals. Not lost any point yet, so let's see. I wish you guys made it and won the medal cause :CZE team does not play much better than :SWE and :CAN this year ??

oh-hoo, let´s slow down and brake a bit :lol: We are definitely not a medal contender at all and certainly not after played only 3 games :d

This team never was a medal contender and can hardly be considered for it. We have the youngest team ever here, half of the team is experiencing their first world championship. Since there no relegation, we tried another strategy this year, This is a bunch of young but very talented kids we send there only and only to learn and gain experiences of international major hockey before Cortina 2026 where they will have to shine and demonstrate what they have learned.

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

oh-hoo, let´s slow down and brake a bit :lol: We are definitely not a medal contender at all and certainly not after played only 3 games :d

This team never was a medal contender and can hardly be considered for it. We have the youngest team ever here, half of the team is experiencing their first world championship. Since there no relegation, we tried another strategy this year, This is a bunch of young but very talented kids we send there only and only to learn and gain experiences of international major hockey before Cortina 2026 where they will have to shine and demonstrate what they have learned.

Bro, some foreign news were publishing that Czechs are the contenders No.1 to win the gold. Especially after those home tournament games where we defeated all :FIN ,  :RUS and :SWE ... And look at the WCH. We even had to play OT to win against Belarus. With this performance, we are not even making quarterfinals. :SVK has 9 points even after playing :RUS .... I am nearly certain you guys are making it to 1/4 finals and since we can only guess who else will make it there, since play offs, anything can happen. I watch your game against :RUS and I have liked anyone's game at this WCH more than :SVK game. Com'on guys!!! Wish you good luck. 

57 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Bro, some foreign news were publishing that Czechs are the contenders No.1 to win the gold. Especially after those home tournament games where we defeated all :FIN ,  :RUS and :SWE ... And look at the WCH. We even had to play OT to win against Belarus. With this performance, we are not even making quarterfinals. :SVK has 9 points even after playing :RUS .... I am nearly certain you guys are making it to 1/4 finals and since we can only guess who else will make it there, since play offs, anything can happen. I watch your game against :RUS and I have liked anyone's game at this WCH more than :SVK game. Com'on guys!!! Wish you good luck. 

Yeah, the display yesterday against Russians was awesome, enormous team effort and team spirit, was really nice to watch, this was for me even more pleasant than the win itself. Anyway, I repeat, the roster is composed of young kids, still only learning how it works on major international level. we have here only 1 NHLer and it is a kid who played exactly 8 games this season for New Jersey at the end of the season :lol: 3 U18 players, any other team would not even imagine to send a team like this to a WCh, so we better enjoy how the youngs are playing for their nation and learn enormous experiences for the future (mainly aiming Cortina 2026). As I already said, the team had no goal for this tournament, the QF would be considered as satisfying but it was not the goal. The schema and strategy for this tourney for us is totally different.

and do not remember we are the same team who 2 days ago could not score more than 2 goals to the GB monster in the net. Hard to believe GB will not concede more than 5 goals per match in the remaining games :d

every game is different. Yesterday was fantastic to watch, but let stay on earth, it was just one game, next is :SUI , a real contender for medals with NHL superstars, another huge portion of experience for our kids.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, the display yesterday against Russians was awesome, enormous team effort and team spirit, was really nice to watch, this was for me even more pleasant than the win itself. Anyway, I repeat, the roster is composed of young kids, still only learning how it works on major international level. we have here only 1 NHLer and it is a kid who played exactly 8 games this season for New Jersey at the end of the season :lol: 3 U18 players, any other team would not even imagine to send a team like this to a WCh, so we better enjoy how the youngs are playing for their nation and learn enormous experiences for the future (mainly aiming Cortina 2026). As I already said, the team had no goal for this tournament, the QF would be considered as satisfying but it was not the goal. The schema and strategy for this tourney for us is totally different.

and do not remember we are the same team who 2 days ago could not score more than 2 goals to the GB monster in the net. Hard to believe GB will not concede more than 5 goals per match in the remaining games :d

every game is different. Yesterday was fantastic to watch, but let stay on earth, it was just one game, next is :SUI , a real contender for medals with NHL superstars, another huge portion of experience for our kids.

Well, I would not underestimate your roster. Look at the Czech roster from WCH 2010 and what they were able to achieve! As far as I remember, there were 15 withdrawals from NHL players and there were bunch of player from home extraliga. And playing against big stars from NHL. Let's see.