website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 11

1 minute ago, Epic Failure said:

Jakob's focus on Kerr cost them both there. Even in the last 200m he was drifting wider to block Kerr and not thinking about Hocker on the inside.

Still, that's a new NR from Josh there. He ran his best race ever. All you can do sometimes.

He blocked Hoecker once on the behind and then made a choice to drift wide again to block Josh giving up the inside. Petty really but not unexpected, my solace is him finishing 4th

Yes Jakob finishing 4th takes the dissapoinment off quite a bit.

Mixed relay triathlon vibes for me, didnt actually expect a win, but then the one i expected to beat us falters and we still didnt win 

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

In the space of winning 2 golds we have won 14 silver and bronzes 

Winning any medal at the Olympics needs to be celebrated, regardless of the disappointment of some near misses.

Team GB have been performing extremely well across sports.

Just now, RussB said:

Winning any medal at the Olympics needs to be celebrated, regardless of the disappointment of some near misses.

Team GB have been performing extremely well across sports.

100% this.

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Wow! 5 goals in less than 3 minutes for  so 3rd place for them.   4th place.      7 - 1 
    • Wish I could say the same, for me it’s rare when there’s a day that there’s absolutely nothing on for me to watch There’s even stuff on Christmas (NBA and NFL), although usually in the days leading up to it there’s less sporting events going on. 
    • Gravel world championships     And ski jumping Summer Grand Prix, just finished catching up on an insane season of Red Bull Rookies Cup, still lots of NASCAR to catch up with and with this weekend being a bit of a slow one in terms of live sports (and the MotoGP/2/3 things being in Japan and so being done and dusted by 9am my time), it's so far been a weekend with lots of catching up  
    • WTT China Smash   Men’s Singles 1.  Lin Shidong 2.  Ma Long 3.  Xiang Peng 3.  Liang Jingkun   Women’s Singles 1.  Sun Yingsha  2.  Wang Manyu 3.  Chen Xingtong 3.  Fan Siqi   Men’s Doubles 1.  Liang Jingkun/Wang Chuqin 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Lin Shidong 3.  Yuan Licen/Xiang Peng 3.  Alexis Lebrun/Felix Lebrun   Women’s Doubles 1.  Qian Tianyi/Chen Xingtong 2.  Wang Yidi/Sun Yingsha 3.  Chen Yi/Xu Yi 3.  Chen I-Ching/Li Yu-Jhun   Mixed Doubles 1.  Lin Shidong/Kuai Man 2.  Lin Gaoyuan/Wang Yidi 3.  Xue Fei/Qian Tianyi 3.  Kristian Karlsson/Christina Kallberg   Full Results
    • Just finished watching the Gauff-Muchova final at the China Open, and I’ll be watching both the men’s and women’s finals at the GSOC HearingLife Tour Challenge, but here’s what else I’ll be watching (or at least trying to watch) the next two weeks.    BWF Denmark Open, ATP Shanghai Masters, WTA Wuhan/Ningbo Open, FIVB Elite 16 Joao Pessoa, FIFA U17 Women’s Football World Cup (lesser priority, the knockout stage matches are in late October to early November), European Table Tennis Championships (lesser priority), FIS Ski/Snowboard Big Air WC Chur, UCI Track Cycling World Championships, WA Swimming WC Shanghai, NBA/NFL/NHL, any semi big curling events that I can find streaming for, any club season volleyball matches that I can find streaming for (some are on VBTV which helps but this season my teams are Gas Sales Blunergy Piacenza, Vero Volley Monza, Vakıfbank, Eczacıbaşı, Asseco Resovia), 3X3 Basketball World Tour Amsterdam/Macau (lesser priority and no group stage matches, only knockout if I have time and I’m not feeling too fatigued)   Edit: There’s also the Archery and Triathlon WC Finals, damn there’s a lot going on. 
    • WTA 1000 China Open | Beijing, China   Women’s Singles 1.  Coco Gauff 2.  Karolina Muchova 3.  Qinwen Zheng 3.  Paula Badosa   Women’s Doubles 1.  Sara Errani/Jasmine Paolini 2.  (RUS) Chan Hao-Ching/Veronika Kudermetova 3.  (RUS) Elisabetta Cocciaretto/Liudmila Samsonova 3.  Bethanie Mattek-Sands/Sofia Kenin   Full Results
    • Coco Gauff defeats  Karolina Muchova 6-1, 6-3 for the China Open title, improving to 8-1 in WTA tour level finals while Muchova is now 1-5.
    • Dodgers fell 3-0 behind in the first inning to Padres but managed to win 7-5 in the first NLDS game.   Phillies' bullpen collapsed vs Mets allowing 5 runs and one out in the 8th inning
    • WWE Bad Blood 2024 Results:   CM Punk def. Drew McIntyre (Hell in a Cell Match)   WWE Women's Champion Nia Jax def. Bayley - TITLE RETAINED   Damian Priest def. Finn Balor   Rhea Ripley def. Women's World Champion Liv Morgan by DQ - TITLE RETAINED   Roman Reigns & Cody Rhodes def. Solo Sikoa & Jacob Fatu
    • To be fair, the only way to make the qualifying day shorter is by allowing fewer athletes and I really don't think that's a good trade-off for the sport. Qualifying day can be the biggest spectacle one can imagine, it's still not going to draw amazing viewing numbers anyway, since it's basically just laying the foundation for the weekend.   Ice resurfacing definitely takes a while if done properly, if pushing it they could maybe get it done just under 15 minutes or so. I'm a little afraid it goes the way of athletics, where things are pushed more and more into ever shorter formats. Shorttrack days and sessions can only realistically be made shorter if they spread a World Cup out over 4 instead of 3 days, but it's not like Thursday is going to be a massive audience day.