• Irene Vecchi (team/reserve)

men's Sabre

• Luca Curatoli
  • Luigi Samele
  • Pietro Torre
  • Michele Gallo (team/reserve)

4 hours ago, copravolley said:

no surprise to me...

Batini is definitely not good for the team events, Palumbo is way more skilled in that kind of exercise

the only name I don't like in the whole list is Vecchi in the women's Sabre

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

no surprise to me...

Batini is definitely not good for the team events, Palumbo is way more skilled in that kind of exercise

the only name I don't like in the whole list is Vecchi in the women's Sabre

Vecchi has competed in all recent team events, while Gregorio has not. This was to be expected. The absence of Valerio Cuomo in epee is also surprising.

Just now, copravolley said:

Vecchi has competed in all recent team events, while Gregorio has not. This was to be expected. The absence of Valerio Cuomo in epee is also surprising.

yeah, in fact I wrote that I don't like to see that name in the list, but I knew she was going to be named

Cuomo...no, to me the men's epee team was set in stone after last year's world title...only a big injury could have changed that

even Torre ahead of Gallo in the men's sabre, despite this year's results, it's not a surprise to me (I'm really glad they didn't fall into the Berrè trap...and there was quite a risk)

Posted (edited)

Cimini hasn't fought for many months and only in last month returned. Do you know why? When Vecchi appeared in the team, Italy returned to the fight for Olympic qualification. After the last World Championships, it was not certain. Vecchi is experienced and maybe that helps the team? Gregorio, on the other hand, is not good enough to compensate individually. I don't count on anything in women's saber - we miss great individuals to be considered as a team, e.g. Kharlan.

Edited by copravolley

19 hours ago, copravolley said:

Cimini hasn't fought for many months and only in last month returned. Do you know why? When Vecchi appeared in the team, Italy returned to the fight for Olympic qualification. After the last World Championships, it was not certain. Vecchi is experienced and maybe that helps the team? Gregorio, on the other hand, is not good enough to compensate individually. I don't count on anything in women's saber - we miss great individuals to be considered as a team, e.g. Kharlan.

he was injured, but I don't know what kind of injury he sustained :dunno: