website statistics

2024 Canadian Olympic Athletics Trials Road to Paris 2024

In terms of athletes that are borderline qualifying for the Olympics through the rankings, or just barely out, it hasn’t really been a successful Olympic Trials for us so far (even overall)

But it hasn’t all been bad, Katzberg’s 82.60m in men’s hammer throw, Newman’s 4.75m (and a very close 3rd attempt at 4.85m) in women’s pole vault, Oppong-Nketiah’s 11.38 and 11.39 in women’s U20 100m, Arop’s 1:43.53 in the men’s 800m semifinals, and 7558 points for Wilson in the men’s decathlon have been the highlights for me so far. 

4 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Yeah we have good sprinters putting up great times. Will be hard to decide 

You’re right, but actually I think the only discussion will be the 5th relay athlete out of Adjibi and Asemota. Maybe even Murray, depending on the severity of his injury. Brown, DeGrasse, Rodney, Blake have good experience together winning countless major medals, and will almost certainly make the team. 

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

You’re right, but actually I think the only discussion will be the 5th relay athlete out of Adjibi and Asemota. Maybe even Murray, depending on the severity of his injury. Brown, DeGrasse, Rodney, Blake have good experience together winning countless major medals, and will almost certainly make the team. 

Yes that’s true . But the guy who finished second really made a statement 

Just now, Surlympics said:

Anyone know if Khamica bingham is out for sure from the Olympics ? Having her with our team would give us a great chance. Leduc and madogo having A standard times and then Emmanuel and Bingham would be a very very strong relay.

Yea she is done