website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024

I think Angharad is less likely, simply because there are other nations/swimmers in the mix with proven repeated fast times done in recent years. King, Meilutyte, and Tang have all been sub 1:05 in the last 12 months, and then there's the likes of Aoki, Smith and Efimova who have fast times historically.

Without Kaylee though, Freya goes into the IM as the fourth fastest in recent years and the non-Summer two ahead of her have only done that time on one occasion.

Doesn't mean that Angharad *can't* medal, just that it would be a slightly bigger leap for me.

Sette Colli starts on Friday, 

Start List: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.federnuoto.it/settecolli-2024/settecolli-2024-documents/9471-settecolli-ip-2024-entry-list-elenco-iscritti/file.html

Full GB team as expected but no Scott in the 200m IM.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice 65.71 from Angharad Evans at the Scottish Open Champs Today, 3rd time under 66 in her career, and looks to be building form heading into Paris.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting withdrawals and selections - no individual swims for Freya Anderson, Joe Litchfield or Eva Okoro - the last one perhaps the most surprising, since Alex Cahoon and Jacob Whittle both get individual swim , no doubt with relay eligibility in mind. Litchfield, McMillan is named already for mens 4 x 1 heat, Anderson and Okora for women's 4 x 1 and 4 x 2. James guy gets the individual swim in 100 butterfly. wilby pulls out of 200 breast, Laura Stephens scratchs 100, Angharad Evans gets an individual swim

Assuming Anderson is simply not 100% recovered, every single choice - bar evans who is rewarded obviously for form - seems to be picked with relays in mind.  Possibly a bit hard on Okoro

16 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Some interesting withdrawals and selections - no individual swims for Freya Anderson, Joe Litchfield or Eva Okoro - the last one perhaps the most surprising, since Alex Cahoon and Jacob Whittle both get individual swim , no doubt with relay eligibility in mind. Litchfield, McMillan is named already for mens 4 x 1 heat, Anderson and Okora for women's 4 x 1 and 4 x 2. James guy gets the individual swim in 100 butterfly. wilby pulls out of 200 breast, Laura Stephens scratchs 100, Angharad Evans gets an individual swim

Assuming Anderson is simply not 100% recovered, every single choice - bar evans who is rewarded obviously for form - seems to be picked with relays in mind.  Possibly a bit hard on Okoro

Did Okoro get the OQT? I thought she had missed it on the 50 and the 100 so she wouldn't be eligible for an individual place?

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Did Okoro get the OQT? I thought she had missed it on the 50 and the 100 so she wouldn't be eligible for an individual place?

From my memory she was still a couple of tenths off after trials and we previously discussed whether they would send her to junior Europeans to chase a time (they didn't).

Disappointing about Anderson although not a huge surprise, was hopeful she could have got back to the form she had last year and really turbocharged the 4x2 relay hopes of being in the vicinity of the bronze fight.

Okaro didn't have either an OQT or OCT to my knowledge, so I don't think she was ever in line for an individual berth.

Guy getting the 100m fly spot is interesting. Means Litchfield has to be in one of the relay teams, which seems a slightly risky strategy.

Shame that Freya isn't fit for individual slots. Hopefully that's more the result of focusing on the relays than anything else.

Whittle getting the slot in the 100m free seems awfully fortunate.

litchfield is already listed for 4x1 free heats, as are anderson and okora in w4x1 and mcmillan in 4x1 and 4x2. they do seem to be treating joe like a liability!

Whittle's solo race is fortunate, but is clearly to create maximum flexibility in relays. Guy is intriguing, but he does seem to have found some mojo

Edited by mpjmcevoy