website statistics

Croatia National Thread

dcro

Great. Sometimes the unexpected happens.

So that is one more athlete for us and one more sport we are in. Not qualifying in wrestling for me was one of the larger disappointments of this qualifying period.

8 minutes ago, Crolympic said:

Does anyone know in which displines Matea Samardzic will compete in Rio.

Is reallocation period for swimmers with OST finished, is there still a chance for Radic?

FINA will publish the list next week, I don't know if there is still chance for Radić or not.

Samardžić most likely in 100m and 200m back. Anyway, she entered those two at the Europeans.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

FINA will publish the list next week, I don't know if there is still chance for Radić or not.

Samardžić most likely in 100m and 200m back. Anyway, she entered those two at the Europeans.

Does she have a right to compete in any other discipline?

Just now, Crolympic said:

Does she have a right to compete in any other discipline?

I know that she also has OST in 400m medley, not sure for 200m medley. But I don't think she will consider medley for Rio.

#banbestmen

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Crolympic:

Is there any official confirmation of this?

No, not yet. It might again take a few days until ITF publishes the updated entry list. Or maybe HOO will say something about it.

According to qualification system unused OST invitations should have been reallocated by 10 July. But lets see, I still hope she might be in.

With the rankings she got in the months before the cut off (90-95) this would in fact have been realistic by now. 

Pity that we likely won't have a women's double. Contrary to what I originally thought, there actually was a chance for it since the limit of 86 players per gender has been surpassed anyway and some of the doubles which got an ITF Place have a lower combined ranking than our best possible combination has. Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even nominate Darija Jurak.

Edited by Milan