website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2022

Totallympics

8 hours ago, NearPup said:

I think this is a great track for sim racing, but here in the real world the entire circuit just strikes me as a death trap.

Less than Monaco or Baku. And I still prefer a bit of a dangerous track with lots of action than a safe track with mostly boring races.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

in less the 3 hours a third USA race will be revealed in Las Vegas, it will run on a Saturday night, 2 days after thanksgiving 2023. I know it's a big hypocrisy to be happy about vegas after just saying that the saudi street circuit needs to go.... but with only 4 hours away, i can attend it and a race on a strip is intriguing, we'll see how the layout will look 

Ugh, on a Saturday night, to make things more annoying and make the whole thing feel even more 'Americanized'. Give it a few years with Liberty in control and we're only racing in the desert and on American streets anymore.

Will a regular race have to go to make place for Vegas?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ugh, on a Saturday night, to make things more annoying and make the whole thing feel even more 'Americanized'. Give it a few years with Liberty in control and we're only racing in the desert and on American streets anymore.

They said this week they want 30 race calendars, they will end up just racing all year round, but rumors that SPA is gonna get axed

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Having F1 race during NFL season in a city with NFL team? Raiders have like Top 5 fanbase in USA, nobody would take F1 over them ;)

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Having F1 race during NFL season in a city with NFL team? Raiders have like Top 5 fanbase in USA, nobody would take F1 over them ;)

Yeah, like I said. Americanization.

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's the day before an NFL game, even if it was a raiders home game (which can be an away game with 18 months advance notice), The only football on saturday's is college

34 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

They said this week they want 30 race calendars, they will end up just racing all year round, but rumors that SPA is gonna get axed

Axing Spa, of all places, in favour of some faceless tracks nobody has any feeling whatsoever with....yeah, that sounds like Liberty Media alright. Next up is Monza being axed in favour of a race in Oman, Silverstone being thrown out to make place for some random streets in New York and Monaco being replaced by Dubai II, Street Edition.

And 30 races, come on. I like F1, a lot, but for fuck's sake don't turn it into NASCAR (which I also like, but for the racing, not the usually absent tension in the championship, other than the last races) where every individual race simply doesn't feel important, because there are so many. Just like random MLB or NBA games do not feel at all important (but NFL does), since there's a shitload of them anyway.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Axing Spa, of all places, in favour of some faceless tracks nobody has any feeling whatsoever with....yeah, that sounds like Liberty Media alright. Next up is Monza being axed in favour of a race in Oman, Silverstone being thrown out to make place for some random streets in New York and Monaco being replaced by Dubai II, Street Edition.

Probably cairo street race in front of the pyramids, they are all about landmarks now (tried to pull off a manhattan street race for years)