website statistics

Diving Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

USA Diving reports that it got a second women’s 10m quota.

It was only a matter of confirmation. With Schnell doubling in platform, she automatically gave a spot to 2nd place finisher.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fer GUA said:

Centro Caribe Sports has announced quotas for :DOM

Male

Frandiel Vargas

Jonathan Ruvalcaba

Female 

Victoria Garza

Frandiel Gomez Vargas, possibly the worst diver ever, apart from those Philippine guys at ASEAN Games some years ago.

But if he got the quota, it means JPN rejected their reallocated quota in men’s 3m.

Edited by mrv86

On 6/23/2024 at 7:19 PM, mrv86 said:

Let’s hope so.

I mean, with the federation still on suspension and no prospects of the conflict being solved after this election, all it remains is someone reminded Alcala of this possibility.

And rather than Pineda, I’d have Chavez or Mendoza grab the spot.

In the end it looks like Mexico did not have the realocated quota

4 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Frandiel Gomez Vargas, possibly the worst diver ever, apart from those Philippine guys at ASEAN Games some years ago.

But if he got the quota, it means JPN rejected their reallocated quota in men’s 3m.

He placed 7th at the Pan Am Games in the 3m springboard. Ahead of Mexico, Canada, Jamaica and Puerto Rico competitors.

12 minutes ago, Fer GUA said:

He placed 7th at the Pan Am Games in the 3m springboard. Ahead of Mexico, Canada, Jamaica and Puerto Rico competitors.

PanAm Games results are not that definite.

He is one of those competitors that usually flops easy dives at every competition, but he’s nowhere near the level everyone else entered in the event, and believe me, it will show.

40 minutes ago, Braulio said:

In the end it looks like Mexico did not have the realocated quota

I think they have not made it public not to start media speculation, or they rejected the place.

But the quota is theoretically Mexico’s.

Nur Dhabitah Sabri is confirmed by :MAS to confirm in women’s 3m springboard, which means:

1) Ukraine could have confirmed Viktoriya Kesar (sp?) as a double starter in 3m synchro and individual, or

2) Either :NOR  :NZL  or :MEX which were ahead of her and theoretically also had quotas, rejected their spot

3) Poland could benefit from either scenario as their diver is next on the list.