website statistics
Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Just now, orangeman said:

Also, not to be arrogant (because I personally have nothing to do with it), but if Canada brought their A-teams in every event they would get many more golds.  We don't even have a 4x100 relay team here on the track.  

Yeah totally. I meant I'd rather be a generalist in the Olympics. It makes it more exciting. For the Pan Ams, yeah, I'd prefer to do better. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Canada is more of a generalist when it comes to sports. Sure there are sports that are better for us than others, but we have a wider range than most nations. This makes us competitive in many events, but when it comes to winning gold there usually seems to be a nation (or two or three) that's better.

I would rather have it this way, tbh

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well this didn’t happen in Squash and they play in an all glass Centre court

The glass used for squash is thick plexiglass, I believe. It's clear that in this instance, it was a thin layer of glass that you'd find on the entrance of most squash or racquetball courts.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Who's the favourite to light the cauldron? I just read about some guy named Teofilo Cubillas on Wikipedia, who is apparently their greatest footballer ever. That's who I'm putting my money on

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Definitely not Canada. 2026 World Cup + 2030 COmmonwealth Games (most likely) are scheduled. 

USA is not going to host this a year before LA 2028

I'd like to see it go back to Buenos Aires anyways. It's long overdue, and I know they probably want to bolster their resume for a future Olympics bid. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

This female commentator is going to drive me insane. She sounds like the voice you would hear on an ondboarding video going over the company's code of conduct when you start a job. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
1 minute ago, LDOG said:

I didn't know this rule :mumble:So only the first word of two composed names determines which comes first unless said first words are completely identical?

I did not know this rule either :d But I guess it does make sense

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Error in the alphabetical order in Spanish... Saint Lucia before Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

Wouldn't Santa Lucia come before San Vicente?

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Ah, here's the Cayman Islands. Their team is comprised of the children of rich American financiers who have settled in the Caymans for tax purposes

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
Just now, intoronto said:

Everyone clapping, except 1976 fencing champion who look angry lol

I don't think he's capable of smiling. I wonder if he even smiled after he won his 1976 gold medal in fencing?