website statistics
Darts Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Tickets for the Premier League in Rotterdam in April went on sale today......all 10.000 tickets were sold out

Hide contents

in 5 minutes :lol::bowdown:

Even 3 minutes faster than last year's record :d 

I can only imagine that non-darts fans on here in countries where darts is not traditionally popular are probably reading this thinking, "what is wrong with you people, what's so interesting about darts?". If only they knew :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I do like the Premier League, sort of, but I couldn't give a damn about this Champions League :d 

Again the same group of players :whistle:

UK Open is much nicer for example, or the Grand Slam of Darts.

Those two are indeed much more exciting and more prestigious. The Premier League is very prestigious too but it doesn't appeal to me as a spectacle.... it drags out way too long and features the same faces each week. The quality is usually fantastic though. I used to watch it religiously every week, then I started recording it to watch on less busy nights and eventually in recent years just stopped watching as there was always something on and I didn't feel the need to catch up on the action I missed.

Darts is very similar to snooker for me, I love both and will binge majorly on the few major events (about 4 in each in terms of what I watch). The more minor tournaments or the lesser "big" tournaments don't interest me at all and same goes with the Premier Leagues (snooker had it too for some years).

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Tuned in just in time to see the last 3 darts :p 

Although to be honest I think there's too many of these tournaments. Every time they add one, all others lose a bit in significance..

Yes, exactly why I couldn't give a damn about the Premier League, I find it boring and repetitive and I only watch the other big tournaments. The Champions League is already one of the big ones and the prize money matches its prestige which will likely to grow. But yeah it's not going to be one of my favourites since it includes only 8 players and many of the personalities I like are going to be outside of that group most of the time.

30 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

We scored two goals against Fiji :clap:

Reveal hidden contents

And end up loosing 15-80 :cool:

Anyway, if anyone is interested in discovering international AFL, every games seem to be on their deidacted YT channel (you know, that little thing that so many olympic federations can't figure out :cool:)

I was optimistic before I revealed your hidden contents :d

Thanks for the match links, must catch up on the Ireland game. Important win v PNG!

53 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

A goal or two will do it :rolleyes:

Four years ago we lost against you guys 111-2 :d

Fiji and USA could be good targets for your team, if not to win then to go close to a win.

And with France playing Ireland again this time we will see the new difference between the level of our teams, I am sure it won't be as big :d

34 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Hopefulley, there is. Is it the full 18 a side version here ?

Australian football is only a 9 a side game here (cricket ovals are kinda rare...)

Bloodbath incoming :d

Yep, it's the full 18-a-side :d

Let's see how they go, you might be pleasantly surprised and sneak a win or two :)

14 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

We are sooo going to get destroyed here :lol:

I wonder why the honour of playing in Div 1. As far as I know, we are not the best team from continental europe.

Yes I don't know how that Division thing works and who gets put in which division or if there is some kind of relegation (probably not).

Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wow, I had no idea. :d

Though I can imagine that considerable part of the team (if not all) might be made of Croatian Australians. :d

Actually no, I think the team is basically made up of Croatian nationals who play for the Croatian Knights (national team name). Here you can read about them in this article:

http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20170728182551644

And their Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/7909610796/

I believe they crowdfunded to help get them funding so they can compete here :)

Edited by OlympicIRL

The Aussie Rules Football International Cup kicks off next week (so-called Aussie Rules World Cup :d). The hosts Australia don't participate as they would dominate and destroy the opposition :d. Website http://www.afl.com.au/internationalcup/

Competing teams are as follows (world ranking in brackets):

Men's Division 1:

• :PNG Papua New Guinea (2)
  • :NZL New Zealand (3)
  • :IRL Ireland (4)
  • :NRU Nauru (5)
  • :RSA South Africa (6)
  • :GBR Great Britain (7)
  • :USA United States (8)
  • :CAN Canada (9)
  • :FIJ Fiji (13)
  • :FRA France (14)

Men's Division 2:

• :CRO Croatia (12) (@dcro did you even know Croatia competes in Aussie Rules? :d. First time appearance)
  • :GER Germany (15)
  • :JPN Japan (16)
  • :CHN China (19)
  • :IND India
  • :INA Indonesia
  • :PAK Pakistan
  • :SRI Sri Lanka

The format makes absolutely no sense as each team will play four matches against other teams within the division and will then be ranked from one to ten with grand finals to follow between the top two placed teams on the ladder, the third and fourth placed teams and so on. But it seems to be completely random who you play in the 4 games to determine the final rankings.... for example, Ireland (3rd seed) plays Papua New Guinea (1st seed) and New Zealand (2nd seed) in the prelims so it isn't exactly a fair format.

In the past (2011 and 2014), a Team For Peace participated made up of players from Israel and Palestine. A very nice concept, pity they aren't here again.

Previous tournaments:

Year GOLD SILVER BRONZE
2002  :IRL Ireland  :PNG Papua New Guinea  :NZL New Zealand
2005  :NZL New Zealand  :PNG Papua New Guinea  :USA United States
2008  :PNG Papua New Guinea  :NZL New Zealand  :RSA South Africa
2011  :IRL Ireland  :PNG Papua New Guinea  :NZL New Zealand
2014  :PNG Papua New Guinea  :IRL Ireland  :NZL New Zealand

Women's Competition:

• :CAN Canada (2)
  • :USA United States (3)
  • :IRL Ireland (4)
  • :FIJ Fiji
  • :GBR Great Britain
  • :PAK Pakistan
  • :PNG Papua New Guinea
  • :WHT European Crusaders (combined team made up of players from :GBR:CRO:FRA:GER:IRL:ITA:POL:SWE

Previous tournaments:

Year GOLD SILVER BRONZE
2011  :IRL Ireland  :CAN Canada  :USA United States
2014  :CAN Canada  :IRL Ireland  :USA United States

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted

USA have become the 13th nation to book their place at the 2019 Rugby World Cup. The Eagles thrashed Canada 52-16 in the second leg of their World Cup qualifying play-off in San Diego last night. The first leg in Canada ended in a draw, 28-28.

This will be the USA's 8th appearance in the Rugby World Cup, only missing the 1995 World Cup in South Africa. USA goes into the pool of death alongside England, France and Argentina.

Canada will play Uruguay in a play-off in early 2018 with the winner of that tie securing their spot at the 2019 World Cup.

Congrats to the Eagles :USA

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

What a masterclass by Ronnie Huybrechts! Highest televised 3-dart average by a Belgian ever.... Ronnie asked the interviewer to repeat that fact twice so that brother Kim could be sure to hear it :d

Edited by OlympicIRL

Darts Discussion Thread
Posted

Kim Huybrechts played terribly in that singles game but gets over the line with a little help from Selachoglou, who also missed on important doubles.

Huybrechts the elder up against John Michael now.