website statistics
3 hours ago, ChandlerMne said:

I mentioned their trials few times already.

Wasnt impressed, men's team especially. 

USA is still good, but nowhere near generations 2000-2016. 

I heard that USA complained that Marchand and others are trained by Bob.

Apparentlly, he had more success with Leon than domestic ones. 

Some changes ahead of LA must be made.

Why would they complain? I'm sure Americans can train with him if they hire him.  It's not like he's in France.   He's in Texas.  

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Ofc Canada finishes 4th in the medal table, but ahead of a country full of potential dopers :clap:

Even those 2 golds should've been one to usa and one to Australia.   Guessing Macintosh should do really well in 4 years in a local time zone.    I expect usa to push hard to get back to the Rio type of domination. 

8 minutes ago, Gonzaxene said:

It's not the only country that had been caught doped, athletes from many countries have cases in differents sports, even the US. Just because a chinese swimmer won comfortably doesnt mean he's doping

The whole team had a positive doping test ! And let me know once Caleb dressel get caught doping.    I wouldn't mention it if it was just a hunch.  It was a literal positive test.   If it was any other nation they would've been suspended and you know it.    It's a fact that China is doping 

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Twice less Gold medals you mean, because the total medals are pretty much the same in all their last Olympics.

This happens, when you don't have superstars like Phelps and Lochte to anchor the team. In Tokyo, Dressel was this superstar, who held them, but this time we saw what happened when he wasn't on form. Their women were the stronger side, but they are also losing positions in some events.

I think this is maybe the first time in history, where the majority of the current swimming superstars are not American - Marchand, Pan, Popovici, Milak, Mcintosh, Titmus, McKeown, with the only exception being Ledecky of course. Unless Dressel somehow finds his mojo again. 

Maybe Gretchen Walsh comes to mind but it's overall true.   Even ledecky is already not the same.   Will be interesting if she will try to go for 800 and 1500 in L.A, though who knows if she won't retire,  those were her 4th games

26 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

USA worst performance since 1988. 

Exactly twice medals less than in London and Rio.

Very true, regardless of the stolen mixed relay gold.   Usa didn't build new talent since 2021.   Dressel older, ledecky older and not top many new stars.   Gretchen Walsh comes to mind but no one else really.   Too many finals didn't have usa presence.   And I hope that they make serious changes because home olympics have to be much better then this

32 minutes ago, Gonzaxene said:

Of course the usa is always the good people that follow rules and China the bad that cheats on everything, it's not your fault that you believe that tho, it's what they teach you there

Its a fact.   China was literally caught doping to the point that the congress is getting involved because wada stuck their head in the sand.   It's not rumors and speculations.   

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024
Posted · Deleted by Sindo on 08/01/2024 - will be permanently removed on 08/01/2026
Deleted by Sindo on 08/01/2024 - will be permanently removed on 08/01/2026
1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

You're both at fault. Ruining Olympics threads with talks about Hamas & politics. Shall I BEG you not to ruin the Olympics for other people? Can't even let go for two weeks to talk about the ancient conflicts that will run for the next decades anyway.

how do you see "both" when i mentioned clear violation of sport rules the dude flew off the handle, i'm glad the flag is triggering him so much

Posted · Deleted by Sindo on 08/01/2024 - will be permanently removed on 08/01/2026
Just now, Sub13 said:

I'm trying to block or ignore their posts but I can't figure out how. They made an unfounded and racist political statement and I should have just let it go.

yea, unfounded, so positive tests are unfounded? Love it how you're very quick to jump on the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrracism bandwagon, gotta tell you bruv, doesn't really paint you in a good light

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Get this political talk to the Politics Thread, will you? :mad:

i mentioned specifically the issue of the Chinese doper, and this "jewish" guy decided to show his lack of intelligence

2 minutes ago, Sub13 said:

That's true, USA isn't the country that was barred from a gold medal by a Chinese swimmer. If anything I have a clear interest in badmouthing China but I'm not racist so I won't.

Oh you may need to educate yourself about what 'antisemitism' means. Being disgusted by Israel's flagrant human rights breaches, intentional murder of tens of thousands of children and repeated torture and sexual abuse of prisoners does not actually mean I am prejudiced against Jewish people. Surprise but I am actually Jewish and Israel committing atrocities and claiming them on behalf of all Jewish people is why the flag makes me sick.

Have a lovely day!

Calling out doping doesn't equal racism, though i guess in todays world everything is equal racism so i'm not surprised that you decided to go there, though it does show your lack of intelligence.

And Israel is not committing anything, simply retaliating for a major terror attack of October 7th, and still trying to get our prisoners back, it's a war, innocent people die in war. 

1 minute ago, Sub13 said:

Yes. It's making me nauseous.

So they pay the IOC a bunch of money to get special rights and privileges that others do not get? What does that sound like to you?

Congress apparently cares very much about swimming since they opened a congressional inquiry into it even though they have zero jurisdiction to do so.

They opened an inquiry because WADA are sticking their head in the sand, and congress is the reason that FIFA corruption was uncovered. You are conflating doping with broadcast rights, 2 issues that have nothing to do with each other (btw last i checked it's not like USA were the ones that were directly hurt by the doping yesterday, our swimmer wasn't 2nd and was robbed from winning gold)

and it makes you nauseous? good, being an antisemitic piece of shit have it's consequences 

22 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

SSH you not allowed to accuse Chinese people of doping on here. 

not gonna stop calling out obvious cheating, Russia was made an example since 2016, long before the war, yet China is being treated with kids gloves and pretending that nothing is going on there

15 minutes ago, Sub13 said:

USA literally buys the right to set the schedule the way they want it. Don't make me laugh about the CCP. Also gross profile pic.

2 flags are gross? literally 2 flags

And USA doesn't buy any rights, i'm sure the president and congress could care less when the swimming is taking place. NBC buys the rights and since they pay much more then anyone else then yea, they can dictate the schedule, that's why they spend all that money

1 minute ago, Dkats said:

It will be tight but wouldn’t even be close? Lol what 🧐

In the 2023 worlds Titmus won by 3 seconds.   Ledecky just got older since.   I would love her to win and get us another gold but let's be realistic.     800 and 1500 is more realistic for her

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

He cant do it for the rest of his life and if he wants to get a real job, then he should start to study as soon as possible, otherwise he will only be able to work as an expert or something like that, but maybe he just doesnt have bigger goals.

I just hope that he wont announce his retirement again, just to come back one year later. If you retire, then please dont comeback, it just shows that you couldnt find anything else of importance in your life.

Well Rumors openly started already about Tokyo 2020, yesterday and after the trials he said that he absolutely not coming back.

I doubt he will get a real job, i'm sure he will go to work for nbc just like nastia liukin, or work for USA Swimming... though think about some student going to class and seeing phelps in his class.... thats hillarious

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Is there anyone out there tracking countries that have met the Alpine Olympic standard already? There have been enough SAC races for it to be possible I think.
    • Karate obviously has lots of problems with officiating. and WKF itself is not a great organization either (most of their rule changes are dumb) but the scoring basic is very simple with only 1 or 2 rare situations.    I know in past IOC (under previous IOC presidents not the current dictator) asked WKF to find a solution, using helmets or something like that to avoid situation like the last Olympic final. and I remember WKF used it for few tournaments around 2000 (1998 Asian Games for example) but nobody (specially the athletes) didn't like it, they dropped the idea.   I totally understand Kata looks very very boring, (as boring as Surfing in my opinion) but that's the heart of karate. even if WKF is allowed to pick 1 event for the Olympics, they will pick Kata  (team kata is much better though)
    • Cross-country is a long standing WA ask. Handball was never going to get Beach, Gymnastics would defo want tumbling, but possibly prefer double mini or trampoline synchro to acrobatic. High diving SHOULD get in and Archery would be better looking at field events, but may be satisfied with the five it has.
    • Worth noting that MMA was once more or less known as 'no holds barred', the most brutal form of combat sport....but almost immediately, certain holds and techniques were barred! Eye gouging, fishhooking and, more important for this discussion "small joint manipulation" - i.e torture submissions based on breaking fingers and toes. Holds that work in te real world...but are unacceptable in the sport. Any martial art that becomes a sport compromises - what do you think boxing gloves are?   My problem with karate is following the scoring and understanding what scores and what doesn't. The action itself looks interesting, but its hard to read a context.   Under no circumstances whatsoever should we see fierce growling and staring at invisible people - Kata - ever return to the games - the only event more shambolic that B-girl Raygun. What next, Haka?
    • I can understand if they don’t have the multi-events and the walks on the athletic programme, but no javelin? 
    • That was never a controversy for anybody who has watched this sport for an hour.   in Judo you can win by strangulation or something but you can't break the neck I assume.  that's the same with kicking (or punching) to the head in Karate, you can kick but you can't kick with maximum force. that's the first thing they teach you in Karate. the very first thing.
    • Doest it matter ? Should it ?   I mean, the vast majority of olympic events are shit TV products anyway that no one watch outside of the Olympics.