website statistics
56 minutes ago, Josh said:

I’m assuming you mean in Poland, particularly Stare Jabloncki.

FYI @CCB Boermans/De Groot and Van De Velde/Immers will both be there, while Brouwer/Meeuwsen will not. All three will compete at the final two Elite 16s in Espinho and Ostrava.  

Maybe Brouwer and Meeuwsen will enter this competition as well. Wouldn't be surprised.

I hope the two new teams qualify, Brouwer and Meeuwsen have meant a lot to beach volleyball in the Netherlands, but I wish their young successors a ticket for the Olympic Games. But hey! What an unprecedented luxury for Dutch beach volleyball: three teams that are good enough.

Very interesting situation in men's beachvolleyball qualification for the :NED teams.

After the World Tour Brasilia:

:NED Brouwer/Meeuwsen 8.600 (after 12 results)

:NED Immers/van de Velde 8.380 or 8.480 (depends on the outcome of the final) (after 12 results)

:NED Boermans/de Groot 8.000 (after 10 results)

Only two tournaments to go in Espinho and Ostrava. 

Two lowest results for Brouwer/Meeuwsen - 600 en 600.

Two lowest results for Immers/van de Velde - 460 en 400.

Does anyone know where you can find an overview of the extensive Olympic rankings? And where you can see how a team's points total is structured. You could follow this at other Olympic Games via various sites, but this year I can't find anything about it.

Good job from Boermans and De Groot. In beachvolleyball they are the biggest medal hope for The Netherlands in Paris. If they make Paris, they only played 8 tournaments and Boermans is injured every now and then.

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

2023 CEV Beach Volleyball Championships

Men's Semifinals

Åhman/Hellvig :SWE v. Nicolai/Cottafava :ITA 

Luini/de Groot :NED v. Popov/Reznik :UKR

Mol/Sørum lost to Luini/de Groot in the QFs :yikes::yikes: Unfortunately, that means we won't get to see a Sweden-Norway final :( 

Luini and De Groot are an occasional couple this week. It is a mess within Dutch beachvolleyball right now. Boersmans (Boermans/de Groot) has a serious injury, Van de Velde doesn't wanna play anymore with Varenhorst. So Varenhorst decided to play with Luini, but Varenhorst has a back injury. Van de Velde decided to play with Immers, but last week he played the national championships with Van der Loo, while Immers played with De Groot.

Every week every player has a new partner.Not really useful in view of Olympic qualification.

At the CEV Continental Cup for Europe :NED won the last women's quota (after a very intense battle with Russia) and :SUI won the last men's quota (after a big fight with The Netherlands). I've seen so much nice matches this week, absolutely love this sport!

Qualified for Tokio:

Women: Ypma/van Iersel or Schoon/Stam (play-off tomorrow)

Men: Heidrich/Gerson

33 minuten geleden, JoshMartini007 zei:

Exactly, for example in shooting an athlete can only earn one quota, but the NOC doesn't have to select them to compete.

But are there any rules for selecting the athletes? Is a NOC required to select a "top-15 team" over - let's say - the number 36 of the FIVB World Ranking?

Zojuist, EselTheDonkey zei:

Each team can only win one quota place. For example Mol/Sorum cannot win a quota place both here and through the ranking.

So, the winners of the tickets this week will participate at the Olympics? Strange, why is Brazil sending their B-teams if they cannot change the line-up for the Olympics?

Nations earn a quota place here, therefore I don't understand why some countries didn't send their best teams. For example :NOR . Normally Mol/Sorum would easily grab one quota for Norway and because of their first place at the rankings, Norway could have send its second team (Berntsen/Mol). 

Zojuist, heywoodu zei:

I'm surprised there's apparently not some extra criteria they need to fulfill. You know, winning the world title without losing a set or something.

Hahahaha, oh yes there are!! Dutch women must end up once in the top 5 at a 4**** or 5*****-FIVB-tournament. For me it's a mystery why the men doesn't have this criteria.

Dutch NOC*NSF :lol:

12 minuten geleden, heywoodu zei:

Top-2 of each tournament qualifies, correct?

Yes!

After today's first phase-matches 4 teams of each gender are ready. Only the best 12 are going to the second phase (tomorrow).

Both Dutch teams are through :NED 

Biggest upset in my opinion: Ehlers/Fluggen :GER and Ahmed/Cherif :QAT are out. 

50 minutes ago, bmo said:

Kerri Walsh-Jennings and Brooke Sweat :USA lose their opening match 2-1 against Stubbe and Van Iersel :NED

That's a big surprise, but hey ... with a very weak team in their poule, the other three teams will finish in the top 3 and will advance to the next round.