website statistics

2024 Paralympics - August 28 - September 8

Oh by the way, Trinity Lowthian’s 5th in women’s category B epee is Canada’s best ever result at the Paralympics in wheelchair fencing!

Edit: And she’s only 19 too, she’s got a bright future ahead of her!

Edited by Josh

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Oh by the way, Trinity Lowthian’s 5th in women’s category B epee is Canada’s best ever result at the Paralympics in wheelchair fencing!

Edit: And she’s only 19 too, she’s got a bright future ahead of her!

The future of fencing looks good across the board for Canada!

Sorry I'm not posting more about the Paralympics this week. I'm super busy at work and have been battling...something. A cold? Allergies? Covid yet again? I don't know. 

I've been watching highlights and depending on you here to keep up. A slow start, but finishing strong to beat Tokyo. Hopefully I'll be able to watch some this weekend. 

And it’s time. The final weekend and the final two days of the Paralympics.  

Big day, hopefully it won’t be a complete flop. 

We start off with Alexandre Hayward in the men’s C1-3 road race (12:30 AM PST/3:30 AM EST), then go back to the track for Austin Smeenk as he takes on the men’s 800m T34 final (1:11 AM PST/4:11 AM EST), Brianna Hennessy searches for Canada’s first Paralympic medal in canoe sprint in women’s VL2 200m (2:52 AM PST/5:52 AM EST) but if not we’ll get a second chance with Erica Scarff assuming she makes the final (3:36 AM PST/6:36 AM EST), then switch back to the road for Nathan Clement in men’s T1-2 road race (3:45 AM PST/6:45 AM EST), continue on with the women’s sitting volleyball bronze medal match against Brazil (6:00 AM PST/9:00 AM EST), during then will most likely be the men’s wheelchair bronze medal match against Germany (7:00 AM PST/10:00 AM EST), Shelby Newkirk, Danielle Dorris, and Tess Routliffe will look to add to our medal total of 11 on the final day of para swimming action in the women’s 100m backstroke S6 (Newkirk) at 8:53 AM PST/11:53 AM EST and in the women’s 50m butterfly at 9:36 AM PST/12:36 PM EST where Dorris is the reigning Paralympic Champion, Nate Reich will also attempt to defend his Paralympic title in the men’s 1500m T38 final (10:09 AM PST/1:09 PM EST) and rising star Noah Vucsics takes on the men’s long jump T20 final (10:20 AM PST/1:20 PM EST)